Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:10059 Applications:437 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Amazon - Senior Manager - Program Management - EHS (12-15 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and self-driven people.
The Senior Program Manager - EHS (Environment health & safety) will build processes and work with stakeholders across geographies and market places.
- We are looking for a strong leader who is passionate about people management, managing operations, developing scalable systems, driving process improvement and working with multiple stakeholders.
- The leader will be responsible for partnering with Operations team (Fulfilment centres, sort centres and delivery stations), WW EHS team (occupational health, safety, standards, sustainable operations and industrial hygiene) and Tech partners worldwide.
- By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will build processes to drive continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe, healthful & engaging working environment for our Associates across the network.
- The leader must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
- The person needs to work with senior leaders to create and achieve the EHS vision in alignment with Amazon's global standards, policies and procedures in this space.
- The Sr Program Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent written and verbal messages.
- The person will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve the processes.
- The person must possess excellent program management skill, relevant operational background, experience in data analysis and must have led a large team.
- The individual must have ability to work with cross functional teams including senior leadership in India and abroad.
- The Senior Program Manager will be responsible to lead a team of EHS SMEs, Program Managers and process improvement experts in India.
- The person needs to also work closely with the WW EHS Program Managers and Operations team. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their team.
Senior Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess adequate knowledge on leading people, running operations, worked with stakeholders in different geographies and time zones.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
- Measure overall performance against published requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for corrective and preventive actions. In some cases work with technology teams to come up with a long term scalable solution.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects related to the projects.
- Analyze process metrics and review incident weekly and monthly to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the risk is highest.
- Spend time at the Operational locations (fulfillment centers, Sort centers, Delivery stations & Prime now) and seek input from EHS teams, Associates and leaders on EHS program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
- Ensure operations leadership and all sites are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery, and effectiveness of all required guidelines.
Senior Program Manager Area of influence:
1. Program Management- Launch/Engineering/Design- Centrally driving the change management, EHS aspect in-build in the design document for new building launches, due diligence for new sites, launch new programs and ensure minimal safety incidents through various programs that the EHS team is launching
2. Program Management- Occupational Health- Driving ergonomics related initiatives and implementing design changes to avoid the body stress across all work streams to eliminate the MSD cases
3. Program Management standard and procedures- Drafting and disseminating the global EHS procedures across all business verticals.
4. Program Management- Audit- Establish routine MSI and global procedure audit to achieve the optimum compliance
5. Program Management- Capability development- Ensure building capability of internal EHS team and also cross functional EHS capability development
6. Program Management- Environment - Ensure business remain compliant by facilitating the Environment compliance right from building design stage to renewal of consent