Amazon - Senior Manager - Product Management - Appliances & Furniture Vertical (10-15 yrs)
Are you customer obsessed, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, entrepreneurial, and passionate about e-Commerce? Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing and most innovative e-commerce businesses? Are you interested in working in a high impact role? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Come join our Product Management team and help define the course of the Amazon business. Amazon's vision is to enable customers globally to find, discover, and buy anything online. Amazon.com operates along with its affiliate websites, across the globe, delighting millions of customers every day.
Appliances and Furniture are one of the most exciting and challenging categories within Amazon. As Senior Manager, Product Management for these categories, this person will lead a team of product managers responsible for building a specialized customer experience for these businesses. This will include all elements of onsite customer journey from search to browse to detail page.
The person will be expected to develop and own the product vision, product roadmap and come up new ideas to improve the fashion experience for the customers, both through the team and and individually deliver flagship features hands-on. The role will partner closely with Amazon teams worldwide across US, EU and Japan, as well as key Indian business leaders. The ideal candidate will obsess over customers and have a proven track record of delivering results in the product management role
Primary responsibilities :
- Product Strategy and Direction : Continually assess the needs of sellers, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy in your area of product ownership.
- Roadmap Planning : Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing and planning the roadmap and major product releases. Use high judgement to make critical trade-offs, balancing both business requirements and technological trade-offs.
- Requirements Definition : Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements and the competitive arena. Effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
- Work closely with Legal and Tax on regulations and compliance requirements to eliminate seller adoption bottlenecks.
- Product Roll-out : Create and execute go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities. Partner closely with the category leaders to drive adoption and ensure processes for on boarding that are easy and intuitive.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 years of product management in leading technology companies
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products related fields.
- Experience defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.