Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:12470 Applications:827 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Senior Manager - Operations (15-25 yrs)
- Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
- We are looking for an experienced Advertising leader that will help us to scale operations in/outside of India. This person will be responsible for setting up the programs, hiring the relevant talent, mentoring the team and ensuring that the strategic goals set are met. To do this, the person needs to have a deep understanding of our advertising ecosystem, have background in content moderation/relevance and operational excellence, as well as have the ability to drive inferences from data to identify opportunities.
- You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings unique challenges and opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with senior management, product development, technical teams and business teams. This leader will have to feel comfortable in an ambiguous environment of explosive growth, making fast paced decisions using data and being able to both think big and dive deep at the same time. Furthermore, S/he will have a strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence.
Summary of Responsibilities :
- This is a leadership role where the person needs to be a thought leader, lead a large operations team, work directly with Worldwide (WW) teams, lead WW program initiatives and lead the Analytics function which would support business initiatives.
- The role would need some technical expertise and product knowledge to steer the Analytics team and build capabilities around creating reports / dashboards, data engineering, backend pipeline building, machine learning and small scale automation. The person needs to work with WW Operations team, Program teams, Finance and technology partners.
- Experience of managing operations at a senior level in IT, Retail, e-commerce, supply chain, consulting or services industry where s/he should have been managing multi-site locations.
- Create, build and deliver programs that enable advertiser/customer/associate experience along with operational excellence.
- Lead and develop multi-lingual teams across multiple sites by embodying Amazon's Leadership Principles.
- Goal driven, target oriented, able to step back and look at the bigger picture, the person will also be able to manage ambiguity, roll up sleeves and involve deeply and resolve for long term success.
- Demonstrate strong track record of team leadership within a large scale rapid and process driven environment, must have end to end process management experience.
- Lead a team of business intelligence engineers and business analysts. Offer insight on performance of key metrics in the compliance and sustainability space.
- Have experience working on predictive models, machine learning and other technologies to support business functions and be ahead of the curve.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholder and Tech teams to drive automation and get required technology developed to improve process efficiency.
- Candidate with good exposure in setting up operations, hiring, scaling and managing large teams, and process improvement at scale and speed.
- Drive continuous improvements, Lean thinking and Kaizen in the team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements and effectively prioritize program deliverables are essential
- Leadership with demonstrated skills in people management, operations management and delivering results
Basic qualification :
- A thought leader with diverse experience in Business, Technology and Operations (BTO) with global exposure.
- An MBA / Master's degree with 15-17+ years successful experience IT, Retail, e-commerce, supply chain, consulting or services industry
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, stats, operations research, finance) would be preferred.
- Preferably multi-lingual, foreign language certification preferred.
- Site/Global/Regional leader experience preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification, Certified Quality Engineer, preferred etc.
- Knowledge of SQL, Analytic tools, AWS technologies would be an added advantage.
- Part of product development team, knowledge of BI/DW, Applied Mathematics, and/or Machine learning would be preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strategic yet tactical - A catalyst for change driving progress towards long-term mission.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze quantitatively and effectively prioritize program deliverables are essential.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.