Talent Partner at Amazon
Views:2212 Applications:714 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Amazon - Senior Manager - Merchant Acquisition - Amazon Pay (10-15 yrs)
Senior Manager - Merchant Acquisition - Amazon Pay
- Our vision is to make Amazon pay the most trusted, convenient and rewarding way for our customers and merchants to transact. We want to be the most preferred instrument when a customer and merchant transact, whether in-store or online. To enable this vision, we have a enabled a selection of instruments such as Apay Balance, Gift cards, UPI, Cobranded Credit cards for customers and a vast selection of use cases spread across on-deck, Online and In-store that customers frequent everyday.
- Our offline payments business/In-store payments business is an offshoot of that uber vision for Amazon Pay. In offline payments, our vision is to enable 25MM merchants to accept Amazon pay by year 2022. We will make Amazon pay on every merchant desk a possibility. This acceptance spans across large organized stores such as Shopper stop, Big bazaar, More, large local brands such as kanti sweets, Paradise biryani, Wow Momo etc and long tail merchants in every nook and corner of this country. Achieving this vision requires a large resource pool (4000-6000) on the field that solicits and onboards merchants and a corresponding org that manages this resource pool, state of the art customer and merchant engagement strategy, processes and tools and a marketing muscle that can drive differentiation.
- India has 65 Million SMEs. Of this, only 6 million currently use digital payments. This leaves 90% of the SME community without digital acceptance and tremendous scope for digital players to bridge this gap. Our vision in the Unorganized SME sector is to get to 25MM merchants to accept Amazon pay for their daily transactions and contribute to the vision of Digital India. In-store digital payments is the first step and the most scalable step towards achieving this goal . To this effect, we are looking for a seasoned sales leader who is passionate about building businesses at scale. The person will be a Single threaded leader for managing the Merchant Acquisition strategy for the unorganized merchant segment and deliver the 25MM merchant goal by 2022.
- Build and manage a high growth, merchant acquisition org for Amazon Pay Unorganized offline merchants segment.
- Draft a merchant acquisition strategy covering geographies, Merchant categories and Merchant segments.
- Drive thought leadership on the implementation of the merchant acquisition strategy, operating procedures, service, and controls environment
- Motivate a large sales team spanning 4000-6000 people in the Distribution org to onboard merchants on Amazon pay.
- Build the strategy for scaling the high frequency categories (Pharma, QSR, Kiranas) and implement it with the sales org
- Develop mechanisms for applying learnings and experiences to improve merchant acquisition processes.
- Build processes to gather Merchant feedback on the sales process, service, merchant facing product, customer facing product
- Drive the feature requirement and prioritization for this merchant segment with the product team
- Work with stakeholders across ops, finance, CS, merchant service to monitor the merchant facing programs, drive budget discussion etc, Sales audit processes, SOP and metrics
- Work with marketing team to develop visibility plan for these merchants both offline and on the amazon pay app
- Work with external vendors and technology providers and amazon tech to build sales tools. Negotiate smart contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Develop mechanisms to inform stakeholders about the progress across all businesses through updates, reports, WBRs and Sales MBRs
- Drive Mechanisms to monitor the Sales org. Drive the sales team to present WBRs & MBRs related to Merchant Acquisition
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales and business development in Financial Services/FMCG
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred
- Understanding of e-commerce desired.
- Should have experience in a results-oriented environment.
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business by the numbers.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Has the ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly.
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented.
- Demonstrates intense customer focus.
- Must be Sharp, analytical and thoughtful and metrics driven.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Simplifier but at the same time things big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box.
- Develops original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
- Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked. Plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
Experience in building large offline payments business. Experience in building and managing a large FMCG distribution channel