Amazon - Senior Manager - Marketing - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (6-10 yrs)
Job Description - Sr. Marketing Manager, Amazon IN B2B marketplace
Amazon Business (amazon.in/business) launched in India in September 2017 with the vision to be the destination for all businesses in India to find, discover and buy for all their business needs, and it is still day 1 for us. There are numerous businesses in India that are unaware of the presence of Amazon Business and how we can help them with their procurement needs. Your job is to obsess over these potential business customers. Your biggest charter would be customer acquisition. You will be responsible for building in depth understanding about these potential business customers (their profiles, industry, and employee strength, annual turnover, direct and indirect procurement needs), identifying their barriers, triggers, needs and drivers to adopting into e-commerce and specifically into Amazon. Based on this understanding you would need to determine the right messaging to get them onboard and finally determining how to get that message across to them in most effective terms.
Your primary role will be to strategize, develop and execute interventions to serve potential new customers. Core part of your job would be to create communication messages and execute them to deliver to goals of new customer acquisition. You will also serve as an ambassador and an evangelist for these customers within Amazon, and will influence what other teams are doing to serve them. In this quest, you will need to partner with creative agencies, research and media partners to create an integrated marketing plan that solve for this opportunity. Internally you would need to work with teams and leadership across functions such as Sales, Category, Legal, Product and Finance. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Sales, Marketing and Alliances and will be based in Bangalore.
- Develop and execute marketing interventions both at National and/or Regional level to acquire new customers.
- Develop accurate projects priorities, schedules and execution of marketing campaigns
- Be Voice of potential new customers to help the organization serve these customers better.
- Lead the thinking around Regional Marketing and executing key campaigns on that and feeding learnings /insights /playbook for rest of the team
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You must be comfortable working both at the strategic level and diving deep into implementation as needed (managing campaigns, writing business requirements and analyzing data). You will show hustle, take ownership and help foster a high-energy, high-performance culture.
- Experience on working with cross-functional teams, with demonstrated examples of influencing key stakeholders with data driven and insightful points of view.
- Ability to operate in ambiguity independently and be an effective problem-solver.
- Highly effective written skills honed to develop thoughtful, strategic and detailed documents that can persuade senior leaders of the effectiveness of the team's proposed creative executions.
- Strong creative intuition and demonstrated creative success.
- Bachelor's degree and MBA from Tier 1 B-school with 5-8 years of experience in Brand Management and managing cross-media campaigns (online and offline) within Ecommerce/FMCG/retail.
- Managing pan-India marketing projects with multiple stakeholders and show proven expertise in brand planning/strategy, creative development, measurement, and execution.
- Experience in working with media partners to find the most effective and yet frugal way of reaching customers.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative consumer research methodology and outputs; ability to actively participate with global/local research and local business leaders to analyze brand perception and sales results from marketing campaigns; taking a lead role in developing advertising creative and media plans based on research analysis and output.
- Past experience in digital marketing (paid search, paid display, SEO, content, paid social)
- Understanding of trade marketing