Amazon - Senior Manager - Marketing - Events (8-12 yrs)
Amazon runs a highly successful Events program, offering customers compelling promotions via large tent pole (e.g. Diwali), and engagement events (Special Occasions Stores). Special Occasions Stores or Topical Events are events that are expected to drive customer engagement on Amazon, making it the go-to destination for any socio-cultural occasion or lifestage occasions. We are looking for a talented, smart and entrepreneurial leader to grow Amazon's customer engagement through this Special Occasions Stores / Topical Events program. Reporting into the Consumer Engagement team, you will be a key driver of Amazon's growth, by working with stakeholders to continue to evolve our Special Occasions events strategy and calendar and drive awareness and customer participation across these programs. In this role you will work directly with teams across Amazon to build the right go to market strategy, develop key marketing inputs and handle end to end execution of the events.
You will be the primary owner for driving the success of all such events and also be responsible for communicating progress at various levels in the organization. You will help to establish measurable best practices for growing the program towards achievement of goals, set up scalable processes and develop methods for automation to improve overall efficiency.
The ideal candidate will bring a sharp analytical mind, have strong program management skills, be able to influence senior stakeholders across the organization and roll up his/her sleeves to get things done. He/she has to have a customer-oriented mindset and must have a strong track record in building scalable marketing/promotional programmes across multiple channels
Key responsibilities include:
- Single threaded owner for the Special Occasions / Topical Events program for Amazon.in. This person will be responsible for marketing and program management these events across Amazon.in website
- Long term planning and development of strategy for this program, to drive customer engagement.
- Own and develop a high bar of customer experience for all events in the organization
- Develop go to market strategies including key propositions and constructs for each event
- End to end program management to ensure smooth execution
- Developing and executing new ideas for driving engagement goals
- Building robust processes for smooth execution of the events calendar
- Liaising with senior internal stakeholders to develop timely inputs, set-up processes across other functions of the organization to maintain a high bar on quality execution
- Partnering with internal brand and digital marketing teams to plan, develop, execute and analyze marketing campaigns across online and offline channels.
- Compile, analyze, and present performance metrics and enlighten potential opportunities for program growth
- Establishing guidelines and best practices across teams
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal with stakeholders
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree - 8+ years of marketing/program management experience, handling marketing, promotions or loyalty programs for a consumer facing, ideally e-commerce or retail business of significant scale.
- An experienced planner and project manager, with strong cross-team coordination skills. Must be comfortable operating at different levels in the organization, and across various teams - retail, creative, finance, analytics, product and so on.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and strong attention to detail.
- Strong data-driven decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to dive deep into customer data and translate insights into opportunities.
- Ability to think and influence both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to articulate ideas and persuade stakeholders.
Preferred qualifications :
- An ambitious self-starter with excellent communication and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
- Ability to work successfully in an ever-changing environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving.
- Quick thinker with the ability to operate with a commercial and customer-focused view
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.