Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:10853 Applications:745 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Senior Manager - HR Operations/Shared Services (13-20 yrs)
Senior Operations Manager - Timekeeping
- External Job Description
About Amazon Centralized Timekeeping
The vision of the Centralized Timekeeping team is to utilize top talent to streamline time and attendance data entry, reduce payroll defects and provide consistently high service levels. Today, CTK supports and manages time and attendance matters for thousands of Amazon Associates. Requests for edits are submitted via trouble ticketing from operators and HR across the network. The Centralized team manages the ticket queue by executing on the requests on a FIFO basis but will prioritize any payroll impacting ticket if there is a risk of a payroll defect. The efforts of this team support the business by ensuring associate's time and attendance matters are handled with speed, precision and with customer obsession always in mind.
Our Senior Operations Managers play a crucial role in exceeding expectations and providing a superb customer experience; critical to Amazon's success which is built on a foundation of customer obsession, and innovation. This position is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to balance strategy and execution. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the operations for our global CTK team including people management and development, process, and meeting or exceeding the expectations and promise made to our customers. You will lead a dynamic team of operations managers to achieve operational excellence through coaching and mentoring the team; driving employee engagement, and building leadership bench strength within the team.
As a senior leader you will oversee upwards of 300 employees, in a fast-paced, complex operations environment, charged with providing global timekeeping support. You will serve as the face of the organization to potentially hundreds of employees. This position offers unlimited career potential as we continue to grow our global footprint.
Strategic Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Owns and delivers the operational budget for functional area, including, productivity, financial and labor planning, and operational goals for CTK operations
- Responsible for providing strategic level/long-term planning (3, 6, and 12 months out) including labor planning, rate forecasting, and peak season planning
- Drives continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives; works on strategic projects that have total building and network-wide impact. Effectively leverages the operations managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges.
- Networks with other leaders across Employee Services to solicit and share process improvements and drive efficiencies and cost savings.
- Establishes objectives and metrics for quality, productivity, and customer experience
- Sets clear goals and expectations for operations managers. Measures performance, provides feedback and holds leaders accountable.
- Mentors and develops leaders and staff.
- Participates in recruiting to identify and evaluate associates and internal/external candidates for promotion and hire.
- Partners with various stakeholders to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Passionate about developing great people
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Wants to have fun at work
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Passion for invention; expects and requires innovation from a team
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Thrives in an ambiguous work environment
- Commitment to operational excellence
Basic Qualifications :
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Direct management experience in a manufacturing, production, distribution, or logistics environment
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean methodologies
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
Preferred Qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related technical field; MBA or Master's degree preferred
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situation
- Prior leadership development training or participation
- Track record of effectively leading an operation comprising a staff of at least 100
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop others into higher levels of leadership in an organization