Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:2621 Applications:311 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Amazon - Senior Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis - CA/CPA/CWA (16-30 yrs)
Amazon seeks a Senior Manager to lead function/category specific finance activity. The person would play a key role in driving the function /category agenda and would work as business partner in delivering the business result. The key task would be to help the business in decision support through data analysis and business insight. In Addition, this position supports and partners with various functions within Finance Business Services to develop annual plans, forecast, analyze trends, create metrics and perform analyses to support business decisions.
This individual will be a finance partner to the relevant business team. This includes, among other things, responsibility for financial metrics, reporting, forecasting and analysis. This individual will be an active member of the leadership team. The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical, and have the demonstrated ability to effectively manage the finances of a high-growth business.
Responsibilities include :
Reporting and Analysis :
- Perform financial reporting and support monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts
- Support in monthly/quarterly financial closing activity in close co-ordination with business and accounting teams
- Closely monitor and control Capex and Opex budget for the business.
- Evaluate and question the Capex & Opex requirements and continuously benchmark cost productivity for the business
- Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management.
- Assist in Measuring and reporting progress on key goals for the business team in a timely manner
- Measuring and monitoring of metrics for new business initiatives
- Provide inputs for monthly and quarterly business reviews in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the business reviews with data analysis and follow through with business leaders on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives
- Perform headcount planning and forecasting
- Partnering with the Global leadership team to develop strategic multi-year or long term operating plans
- Business partnering with various finance vertical (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable) to ensure procedures and controls are routinely applied whist performing accounting and operation.
- Produce standardized reports for price and quantity variance in AP/AR. Work in partnership.
- Execute and drive KPI metrics for business and operation performance
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them
- Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures, and internal controls are in place, documented, and operating as intended.
Leadership and Management :
- Participate in recruiting efforts. Continually raises the bar.
- Lead and develop a team of circa 4-6 analysts, financial analysts, team leads including some managers across finance processes.
- Grow, develop, and mentor team members: Coach regularly, promote responsibility-taking, communicate expectations with clarity, ensure differences are resolved, make meaning of events for others, and share information.
- Execute vision and goals for the team or the department.
- Guide recruitment, retention, staff training and performance reviews.
- Build relationships: Make and keep commitments, seek opportunities to partner with customers, be optimistic, and anticipate needs.
- Ensure the department is well planned: Define opportunities, communicate vision and goals in a way everyone understands, know what most important and set priorities is, ask for commitment, follow up on progress being made, promote accountability.
- Protect our brand : Know and live the values, ensure team members are living the values
- Work on critical projects that serve major parts of the business.
- Serve as Team lead for medium and large scale projects.
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required.
- Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
- Provide high level support to business partners. Compile and present materials to senior management.
Basic Qualifications :
- CA, CPA or CWA, with 16+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-ledgers / Accounting Knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities
- Experience in COGNOS and SQL is a strong plus.
- Exceptional leadership and team development skills.
- Strong customer focus - both Internal / External
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized.
- Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
Preferred Qualifications :
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing data quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - including written and oral communication skills.
- Retail industry experience (Preferred)
- Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)