Recruiter at Amazon
Views:1301 Applications:556 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:193
Amazon - Senior Manager - Category Management - Women's Apparel (12-16 yrs)
- Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We are seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands and providing easy access to fashion, with the best possible shopping experience for our customers.
- The Sr. Mgr Category Management - Women's Apparel is the key advocate for the category within Amazon - building a world-class discovery and purchase experience for customers, expanding selection, and helping to define, shape and execute long-term strategic initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have experience working with external vendors in areas such as strategic planning and contract negotiations; experience working with internal teams to build innovative, new technology; and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- He or she must have the analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get stuff done and deliver results no matter the obstacles. Key to success also include a strong interest in the industry, the desire to create a unique and compelling customer experience, and a passion for retail.
Basic Qualifications :
- Masters degree
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience directly leading a team and managing their performance
- Experience with P&L responsibility
- Experience with vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Some travel required
Preferred Qualifications :
The position will be based in Amazon's office in Bangalore.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and -inventing new ways to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in the heat of battle.
- Communications and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust up, down, and across the company
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Growth potential to lead much larger and more complex businesses
- Online experience preferred