Amazon - Senior Manager - Category Management (10-18 yrs)
Job Description :
Amazon is looking for a Business Leader with proven experiences in P&L management, thought leadership, detailed execution, and people development to build and a new innovative business.
As the leader of the business, you will deliver exceptional growth in sales, free cash flow, and market segment share by providing recommendations into the strategic direction for the business and leading a diverse team to execute.
The leader will be responsible for ensuring a well-articulated assortment strategy by geography and price point, building and expanding vendor relationships, improving margin, managing pricing, leading operational process improvements, and turn/instock optimization for the various categories and vendors.
The candidate will be responsible for leading multiple teams across the two categories : Category Management, In-Stock Management, Site-Merchandising . The leader of these categories will have a direct and important role in growing these categories; experience in scaling new businesses, as well as recruiting, developing and motivating fast-growing teams is essential.
As a leader of the team you will focus on delivering a world-class customer experience and exceptional sales and margin growth. The person who joins our team in this critical leadership position must share our passion and commitment.
Key Skills and Responsibilities :
We are looking for an individual with leadership experience to drive this category through intensive growth. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious, have a high level of flexibility and commitment, and a strong drive to win.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, great communicator and negotiator, and will have the business judgment and analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, the willingness to roll up his or her sleeves and a strong interest in Amazon's retail business.
Additionally, this leader will be strong at hiring & developing people, working with senior leaders at Vendors and Suppliers in areas such as strategic planning and contract negotiations, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, innovative, and excel at "thinking big," while also recognizing the need to coordinate his or her team's activities within the established structure of a large, fast-growing company. Defining and implementing long term business strategies based on industry trends and competitive analysis and the ability to think outside of the box to solve complex problems are key to success.
In the first year the candidate will deliver top and bottom line growth as established by senior leadership, improve the customer experience through assortment planning and instock management, and mentor and develop top talent and build a strong leadership team.
Basic qualifications :
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive results
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Strong inclination to "Get Hands Dirty" in building organizational capability for a new businesses
- Deep understanding of the category nuances (category management, marketing, merchandising, instock management, expiry management, Quality metrics)
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience defining and delivering innovative ideas to drive long term results
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- MBA from Top Business Schools is preferred
- Experience communicating complex business concepts in verbal and written form.
Preferred qualifications :
- Intrepreneurial and product experience preferred
- Proven ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems. In particular, identifying customer needs and inventing new ways to meet those needs
- Extreme attention to detail and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Online experience preferred.
- Proven experience leading teams & cross-functional projects.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.