Amazon - Senior Manager - Business Development - Amazon Food (7-12 yrs)
Amazon is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and results-oriented Sr. Business Development Manager (BDM) for Amazon Food.
This individual will be responsible for the account management of several large brands in restaurant delivery space for Amazon Food. S/he will own several key account management metrics and will have a direct and visible impact on the long-term success of the business. This role has direct exposure to senior leaders within and outside of Amazon, requires strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
To be successful in this role you- ll need to be well organized, assisting multiple restaurant brands with different issues at any one time and creating win-win outcomes for brands and Amazon Food. Your commitment to the success of our brand partners should be strong and you should have a proven record of exceeding on your goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Business Development Managers (BDM) are responsible for driving business growth for partner brands and delivering a positive customer experience by managing key inputs through their accounts. They are also responsible for identifying opportunities beyond the core area for both brand partners and Amazon.
Key responsibilities for the Amazon Food Sr. BDM are:
- Merchant Partner Support and Business Growth:
- Own all facets of the account management process for large, complex strategic accounts
- Monitor, communicate and drive performance metrics for every account in the portfolio
- Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics and secure effective promotions that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams
- Drive adoption of key product interventions with brands
- Secure advertising revenue and work towards improving RoI with brands
- Manage team and handle ambiguous, complex customer problems
- Identify and problem solve day to day issues impacting business
- Merchant Partner relationship management:
- Build strong relationships across the portfolio; proactively build joint business plan action items and act as a point of escalation for outstanding issues, questions, and concerns
- Create Long term synergies with brands to influence them to adopt Amazon first approach
- Monitor restaurant satisfaction survey results to analyze both positive and negative feedback trends
- Identify opportunities to improve the Amazon Food product and recommend feature enhancements based on customer and merchant feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of merchants in an ever-changing business environment. Contribute to and leads strategic plans and documents for the organization.
- Partner with multiple teams including Category Management, Product, Legal and Marketing teams to align programs and initiatives to drive growth in existing restaurant partner base.
- MBA from premier B - School of India
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience with a focus in relationship management and negotiation skills
- Experience using analysis, reporting, modeling, and forecasting to gather data for the purpose of making business decisions
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong service mindset and ability to use metrics to measure service levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.