Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:1046 Applications:278 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Amazon - Senior Manager - Analytics (16-18 yrs)
Amazon - Senior Manager - Analytics
- Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent purchases among hundreds of millions of e-Commerce transactions in different countries? What would you do to create a trusted store where millions of buyers and sellers can safely transact online?
- Are you passionate about work force planning in a very ambiguous environment and ready for the next step in leading and building a team of your own? If you are passionate around developing new and innovative planning methods, data analytics that combine finance, operations excellence, business insights and technology, Selling Partner Trust, Abuse, Risk, and Reviews (STAR) team is looking for you.
- We need a passionate, innovative leader to lead the end to end capacity planning, data analytics and efficiency improvement.
- This leader must have advanced proficiency in statistical analysis and experience in leading data analysts & engineers to deliver business insights through modeling as well as deliver operational models that provide ongoing business reporting. Successful candidates will have a strong analytical skills, model development, and experience in capacity planning & WF management.
- Strong initiative, inquisitive curiosity, team leadership, project management and quantitative skills are imperative, as well as the ability to lead and grow talent.
- The team will develop world class processes, tools and data intelligence that will generate business insights for faster decisions and effective planning for Selling Partner Trust, Abuse, Risk, and Reviews (STAR) team globally (24x7x365).
- The Team handles tens of millions of cases with varied unique demand drivers. Effectively leading this function will result in lower operational costs and deliver a superior Seller experience.
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding business acumen and judgment, excellent analytical abilities, strong technical skills, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence cross-functional teams. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making.
- They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and juggling multiple projects, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. They will work closely with Operations and Finance teams around the world.
Job Responsibilities include :
- Lead Manage a team of business analysts, business intelligence engineers and data engineers, with worldwide stakeholders
- Drive the strategic direction of WF & capacity planning (long-term) and (short-term), staff solutions strategy, and geographic diversification
- Create optimal capacity plan and set staffing targets for our Operations teams by managing trade-offs between Seller Experience/Service Levels, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness
- Lead a team to develop Seller Risk Resource Planning process automation (1) Capacity Planning, (2) Work Force management (3) delivery on cost improvements, (4) reporting, and (5) future Hands-Off-The-Wheel (HOTW) of planning and scheduling.
- Will be responsible to collaborate and align forecasted demand
- Manage the analysis of daily, weekly, and monthly data reporting of contact center performance via Key Performance Indicators
- Manage a team of capacity modelers and analysts.
- Assess available technology for data modelling and analytics to support our global operations & capacity planning needs
- Lead the data analytics and visualization tool team
Basic Qualifications :
- Manage a team of business analysts, business intelligence engineers and data engineers, capacity & WF managers with worldwide stakeholders
- 2+ years experience with Tableau, Looker or similar BI Reporting Platform
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, or related field.
- 5-7+ years leading teams in delivering analytics. Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Experience in SQL and manipulating large data sets in a database.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.).
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Proven track record working with large cross-functional teams and independently executing deliverables.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines.
- Core Program Management skills (regular updates, Program flashes, data audits, review meetings, process audits).