Recruiter at Amazon
Views:2660 Applications:662 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:590
Amazon - Senior Instock Manager (8-12 yrs)
Amazon - Senior Instock Manager
- There are 15M small and medium Mom and Pop stores in the country representing hundreds of billions of dollars in yearly purchases. Many of these businesses struggle to get relevant selection, competitive pricing, convenient buying options.
- AmazonDistribution.in is an offering from Amazon to delight these B2B customers who have not been served well by the existing solutions with the aim to provide them the largest selection, competitive pricing and trusted and convenient buying experience. If you like to swim in unchartered territories then this is your opportunity to solve problems that no one has attempted to solve before. We work like a well-funded, high octane startup driven by the passion to bring the Amazon experience to our business customers.
- As a Senior Instock Manager you will be responsible for forecasting and planning optimization, procurement, vendor lead times, improving inventory health, turns and inventory management for all categories that we offer.
- You will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability that is available closer to customers and can be fulfilled faster/cheaper. The ideal candidate is expected to help define and drive projects that improve buying systems/processes, identify and resolve defects, reduce waste, and improve overall efficiency. The candidate will also be expected to work on efficiency improvements within the fulfillment centers, and interfacing with software development teams to drive projects that improve customer experience & operations.
- The person who joins the leadership team in this position must share our passion and commitment for serving our customers. We are looking for a smart, analytical leader who possesses strong business judgment, a track record of strong project delivery, excellent relationship management skills, deep analytical acumen and data-driven decision making. The position requires an individual who can lead in a fast paced, highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, and the role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact by defining and building a successful planning strategy.
This person will have responsibility for :
- Optimizing customer experience by ensuring Amazon Distribution has the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time
- Determine inventory strategies and lead the team to execute on them to optimize sales, turns and inventory health
- Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as instock rate, procurement lead time (PLT), fill rate, forecast accuracy and turns
- Analyze inventory levels and position and SKU performance to determine inventory liability and an exit strategy for unproductive inventory
- Perform audits of inventory management-related tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Automate whenever possible.
- Expert on product lifecycle and can effectively optimize forecasting, planning, and procurement parameters
- Partner with Supply Chain and Ops team to communicate and plan the operational impact of planning and sourcing decisions
- Possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities along with the ability to apply this data to drive decisions
- Managing with solid strength, demonstrating good judgment, and establishing the right goals and priorities
- Provide direction for recruiting, and participates in training, on-boarding and mentoring
- Establish and maintain strong supplier operational relationships leading to better compliance Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for supply chain improvements
- Foster relationships with internal development teams and contribute toward developing and refining Amazons tools and systems
Basic Qualifications :
- MBA from a premier Indian or international business school.
- 8+ years of inventory planning, operations, retail, consulting and/or finance, with a history of owning/driving results
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations Self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, strong ownership, high commitment and a strong business judgment.
- Enjoy working in a startup environment, with proven ability to innovate, prioritize and work customer backwards.
- Analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software Quantitative focus or advanced degrees in Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering Ability to think both strategically & tactically with proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models Experience with improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma