Amazon - Senior In Stock Manager - Apparel Category (6-12 yrs)
- Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. The world's brightest business minds come to Amazon.com to innovate and improve the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
- The fashion category at Amazon in India that consists of Apparel, Shoes and Accessories (Watches, Jewelry, Handbags) is aiming to be a one-stop destination for head-to-toe style that can be counted on to offer customers an unprecedented range of quality products. We are seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands and providing easy access to fashion, with the best possible shopping experience for our fashion customers. Our team is growing and if you are keen on fashion, e-commerce and career growth, an opportunity with the fashion category at Amazon in India may be a great match!
About the Role:
- The Senior Instock Manager will be responsible for forecasting and planning optimization, procurement, vendor lead times, improving inventory health, turns and inventory management for Apparel category. They will drive analysis and optimization of inventory management systems and processes to ensure we achieve world class inventory availability that is available closer to customers and can be fulfilled faster/cheaper.
- The ideal candidate is expected to help define and drive projects that improve buying systems/processes, identify and resolve defects, reduce waste, and improve overall efficiency.
- The candidate will also be expected to work on efficiency improvements within the fulfillment centers, and interfacing with software development teams to drive projects that improve customer experience & operations.
The person who joins the leadership team in this position must share our passion and commitment for serving our customers. We are looking for a smart, analytical leader who possesses superb business judgment, a track record of strong project delivery, excellent relationship management skills, deep analytical acumen and data-driven decision making. The position requires an individual who can lead in a fast paced, highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, and the role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact by defining and building a successful planning strategy.
This person will have responsibility for:
- Optimizing customer experience by ensuring Amazon has the right product quantities, in the right places, at the right time
- Determine inventory strategies and lead the team to execute on them to optimize sales, turns and inventory health
- Monitor, analyze and own key performance indicators such as instock rate, procurement lead time (PLT), fill rate, forecast accuracy and turns
- Analyze inventory levels and position and SKU performance to determine inventory liability and an exit strategy for unproductive inventory
- Perform audits of inventory management-related tools and systems ensuring settings are correct and optimized. Automate whenever possible.
- Expert on product lifecycle and can effectively optimize forecasting, planning, and procurement parameters
- Partner with Supply Chain and Ops team to communicate and plan the operational impact of planning and sourcing decisions
- Possess strong data extraction and analytical capabilities along with the ability to apply this data to drive decisions
- Managing with solid strength, demonstrating good judgment, and establishing the right goals and priorities
- Provide direction for recruiting, and participates in training, on-boarding and mentoring
- Establish and maintain strong supplier operational relationships leading to better compliance
- Identify, recommend, and implement opportunities for supply chain improvements
- Foster relationships with internal development teams and contribute toward developing and refining Amazon's tools and systems
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in inventory planning, operations/supply chain management and/or finance
- Proven experience in leadership roles across detail oriented functions, such as consulting, finance, operations and/or P&L/general management
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude. Ability to dive in and quickly understand root cause and identify solutions; Proficiency in Excel and SQL will be a plus
- Experience leading process improvement, systems development, and project management and Proven experience delivering results by partnering with and influencing others
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and willingness to roll up your sleeves to deliver results
- Must have proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and excellent collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience leading large and diverse organizations
- Experience with pricing and promotion, inventory management, and/or product development.
- Six sigma or related experience is a plus
- Growth potential to develop as a senior executive
- Online experience preferred
- MBA preferred
- Demonstrated creativity and judgment to develop solutions
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
- Demonstrate the ability to succeed: managing large catalog selection efficiently, identifying problems and finding solutions, building/improving processes