Amazon - Senior Finance Analyst - Consumer Finance (6-10 yrs)
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of its marketplace finance team. This position will be a critical partner to business team in delivering business results and will own the P&L for one of our business verticals. This includes, among other things, responsibility for financial metrics, reporting, forecasting and to help business in decision support through data analysis & business insight.
The successful candidate will be strategic, analytical and have the demonstrated ability to effectively and independently manage finances of a high-growth business, including:
- Performing financial reporting, ad-hoc business analyses and financial modeling. Presenting recommendations to business leaders on strategic decisions and planned future initiatives
- Provide controllership to the business and build processes that augments transparency and improves controls.
- Facilitate financial reviews with business group and work with category leader to ensure effective finance and cost management.
- Work closely with the business team to drive critical business goals like vendor terms improvement (margins/ credit), operational costs and contribute to Free cash flows
- Manage financial planning and analysis, forecasting product lines using the key input levers to the business - pricing, selection, and convenience.
- Facilitate weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reviews (WBR, MBR, QBR) with data analysis and follow through with category leader on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
- Work with accounting team to drive monthly, quarterly and annual financial-book close process for the category.
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modeling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions and planned future initiatives.
- CA/ MBA from a reputed B-school with at least 6 years of post-qualification experience, across corporate finance and business finance
- Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Industry experience in e-commerce, distribution, retail a plus
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.