Amazon - Senior Category Marketing Manager - Home Entertainment (7-10 yrs)
Sr Category Marketing Manager, Home Entertainment
Job Description :
- Do you see opportunities to change and shape how Indian customers learn about and shop for TVs and educating them about the various options in the smart home ecosystem? Do you enjoy data led marketing which delivers higher RoI and builds customer habits? Do you love marketing and using it to accelerate growth? If yes, then this is the opportunity for marketers like you.
- This is an opportunity to shape how Indians shop for one of the fastest growing categories on the platform - Home Entertainment (TVs). This is a critical hire for leading planning, influencing and executing marketing campaigns (including topical events and Great Indian sale events), partnering with central teams for driving category recall and top-of-the-mind awareness and all customer facing communication across channels, including on-site communication, PR, and digital traffic channels.
- You will partner with category teams to drive business goals while ensuring that a high bar on customer experience is maintained.
- You will help build and own end-to-end marketing strategy for the existing and many new brand launches on the platform while working with all the relevant stakeholders as listed above.
- Amazon is seeking an innovative, creative, data backed, experienced, and results-oriented marketing professional to lead and grow the category's marketing organization and impact. We need someone who has a passion for e-commerce, and ability to innovate marketing strategies for the digital and data led era.
- He/she will have experience in brand building, driving events and/or new product marketing and an understanding of consumers- triggers and barriers to purchase. As a Marketing leader, you will lead a team to drive key elements of our marketing (eg. site content, events, social, PR) and partner with various central teams to create and drive the marketing strategy on and off the platform. You will also partner with finance, brands, partnerships and category teams to drive cashback led events on the platform.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Identify customer triggers and barriers by using surveys, in-depth research and customer immersions
- Drive programs and projects across the various customer touchpoints to drive customer consideration and trust for our categories
- Own creation of marketing programs to acquire new customers
- Conceptualize, design and execute online marketing initiatives to extend awareness of key products on Amazon.in
- Develop, test, and execute aggressive multi-channel marketing plans to drive customer acquisition and authority
- Conduct in-depth analyses to determine program effectiveness and to continuously improving programs and site initiatives
- Develop category marketing calendars to fuel growth and accelerate the flywheel.
- Own projects with considerable scope and/or complexity with significant impact on customer experience and Amazon's business
- Work with cross functional teams including technology teams, to define, drive, and launch improvements to the shopping experience
- Understand and use merchandising and customer-facing metrics to guide decision making
- Identify opportunities for automation, and scale winning experiences
- Improve performance of paid traffic channels by partnering with all traffic-driving mechanisms (Search, Affiliates, Email, SEO etc.)
- Meet business goals while ensuring a top-notch customer experience
Basic Qualifications :
- The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically, multi-task efficiently, strategically partner across a wide number of central marketing teams to drive key events.
- He or she will have a proven track record of delivering results, ideally in e-commerce or FMCG categories. Keys to success will be the ability to utilize customer insight and data to develop marketing programs, own topical and ART events for the categories and quickly double down on programs that show success.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 7+ years of overall work experience with experience in brand/product management and 360-degree campaign execution Proven track record of customer obsession & using customer insights to drive marketing strategies and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and ability to execute with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- MBA required. Masters in Marketing preferred.