Amazon - Senior Business Intelligence Engineer (8-12 yrs)
Senior Business Intelligence Engineer
- The Amazon IN third-party marketplace team is looking for a highly driven, customer-obsessed Business Intelligence Engineer who will be responsible for building BI platform and supporting key decision making across the group. Youll analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems, build metrics and business cases around key projects and, most of all, be an integral part of creating a better customer and seller experience.
- Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Help the largest third-party marketplace in IN to make data driven decisions.
- In this role, you have to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and passion for data, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. It's a big ask, and we're excited to talk to those up to the challenge!
Key Responsibilities :
- Retrieving and analyzing data using SQL, Excel, and other data management systems
- Reactively and proactively developing and executing analyses that provide important insight into the business
- Designing and implementing self-service reporting solutions that enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
- Monitoring existing metrics and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelors degree or higher in Business, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Data modeling and ETL
- Fluency in standard software (including advanced Excel)
- Strong insights on Oracle, Redshift, MS SQL server DBs/related DBs
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience executing on basic database engineering (e.g., building tables (OLAP/OLTP, ETL tasks)
- Knowledge of scripting for automation (e.g., Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Building reports using Tableau/other reporting tools
- Experience driving small to medium sized projects
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including an ability to communicate with all cross functional teams (technical and business)