Talent Advisor at Amazon
Views:4078 Applications:613 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:250
Amazon - Senior Business Development Manager (7-10 yrs)
Amazon is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and results-oriented business development manager to build strategic partnerships for a new business in India. This individual will be our ambassador to the external ecosystem, identify and execute long term partnerships with large brands and corporates in a new space for Amazon India. S/he will have a direct and visible impact on the long-term success of the business.
This role has direct exposure to senior leaders within and outside of Amazon, requires highly developed thought-leadership, relationship management and strategic negotiating skills. This role will be based out of Bangalore and will start as an individual contributor role.
Amazon Pay's vision is to be the most trusted, accessible, frictionless and ubiquitous payments system, preferred by millions of customers to pay in a wide range of use cases and contexts. We are continuously innovating to improve the way customers experience our payment products, whether on Amazon.in or elsewhere.
As part of this, we are focused on expanding the acceptance of Amazon pay to wherever our customers are - this offline retail locations as well. In the next 2 years, we will rapidly grow our offline merchant presence by driving partnerships in the merchant space. To achieve this goal, we are looking to hire talented and high driven business leaders who would help us develop our acceptance network across various large merchants by establishing business tie-ups
In this critical role, you will setup & own the end-to-end merchant onboarding and engagement process. You will be required to handle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously and effectively negotiate terms that for the benefit of our customers. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to leverage your understanding of the retail, payment and other high tech industries to structure innovative and impactful partnerships.
In this role, you will :
- Research and identify opportunities; communicate opportunities effectively to senior management
- Build business cases in collaboration with product, finance, and marketing teams; drive execution of approved projects.
- Funnel/ Lead Management to increase pipeline of direct partners. Drive negotiations and terms improvements working with senior level decision makers at partners and customers.
- Ownership of key account management and ability to meet/exceed financial and unit sales goals.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Lead internal and external business reviews covering operational performance and strategic initiatives.
- Drive market analysis and provide recommendations for expansion within market segments. Execute approved expansion recommendations.
- Build strong internal relationships across Amazon. Influence internal teams to deliver the right results for the business.
- Establish a feedback loop with the Product and Technology leadership teams on Merchant feedback, Voice of merchant etc. and ensure product improvements to enhance merchant and customer experience.
- Root cause the issues and set-up Mechanisms to prevent the same from re-occurring.
- Own marketing and merchandizing for the merchants with the help of the marketing team
- Present to the leadership team on external strategic partnerships that will accelerate merchant acquisition and provide relevant selection of merchants to Amazon customers.
- Own Merchant Activation numbers, develop Metrics to monitor the business
Basic qualifications :
- 7-10 years of experience in partner- management, business development, preferably in India.
- Demonstrated ability to drive partnerships with large companies and to engage and influence senior executives.
- Ability to independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives inside and outside of Amazon.
- Ability to simplify but at the same time think big, take smart risks, innovate and think out of the box. Track record of developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations or problems.
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions.
- Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA is desirable.
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience executing deals in the retail merchant, ecommerce or payment space
- Be comfortable with - hands-on- day-to-day problem solving, implementing quick and effective action plans to meet short term priorities.
- Equally comfortable in generating a 3-year strategic vision and a weekly sales report.
- Have proven analytical skills and an ability to manage a program - by the numbers-
- Must be metrics-driven.
- Experience in owning significant P&L responsibilities
- Experience in negotiating large contracts at the CXO level with merchants and channel partners
- Ability to think big and launch - industry leading- ideas.
- Experience combining products or business assets in non-traditional ways