Amazon - Program Manager - Transportation (2-3 yrs)
Program Manager - Transportation
- Program Managers lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature or services to amazon customers. They gather business requirements, document functional and technical specifications, identify appropriate technical processes needed, execute and manage large scale configurations through both manual and automated processes, assemble the right technology and business teams and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the new initiative for the expansion of amazon transportation network.
- Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
Basic qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering, Management, Transportation or other field.
- Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written as a Program Manager will be facilitating flow of information between external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team - Proficiency in MS Office, Excel.
- Creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for operational excellence
- Should show high ownership and institute process improvements wherever needed
- Ability to scope out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools
- Must be able to handle escalations or variance in the information and provide resolutions to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to own projects end-to-end and work on cross-functional teams.
Preferred qualifications :
- Master's degree in Management or Transportation from a reputed institute.
- 2-3 years work experience in logistics/transportation industry.
- Hands-on proficiency in SQL and BA tools like Tableau.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.