Amazon - Program Manager - Supply Chain (7-8 yrs)
Program Manager - Supply Chain (Amazon)
Job summary :
- Amazon is looking for a Program Manager with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional operations and technology projects in the Supply Chain Operations Integration team. This role is about scaling the reusable containers programs (RCP), which aims to evolve an internal supply chain capability that enables movement of inventory and customer shipments in reusable containers.
- This program is seen as a triple win: sustainability (due to reduced expenditure of fresh corrugates), cost, and reduced damages to our products (due to better tertiary protection during in-transit movements). This role requires scoping large projects, setting a vision, managing to project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, team management, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. This role is based in Bangalore.
Responsibilities include :
- Working on programs and products that aim at scaling RCP across multiple use cases and business lines within the Amazon ecosystem.
- Managing cross-functional project teams, planning and organizing, and executing complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders to enable the launch of new projects, and processes.
- Managing a high performing team, and driving a culture of knowledge sharing, uniform decision frameworks and equitable distribution of load to drive excellence in goal setting and delivery of results.
- Innovating to improve customer experience and continuously remove cost from our fulfillment network.
- Managing benchmarking analysis and projects for Amazon's fulfillment practices both internally and externally against best-in-class operations.
A successful candidate will also demonstrate :
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others.
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves and to do the needful to not allow the deliverables from getting impacted.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
About the team :
The role is based out of the Operations Integration team of the Supply Chain vertical of Amazon operations. The mission of the team is to drive long term program and product interventions that improve the efficiency of the supply chain, measured through the lenses of enhanced customer experience or cost efficiency, or boosting our sustainability ambitions (the Climate Pledge).
Basic qualifications :
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or 5+ years' Amazon experience.
- 7-8 years of experience in supply chain, program or operations roles.
- 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- 1-2 years of experience of team management, preferably of program managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills complemented with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and ambiguous problems independently.