Amazon - Program Manager - Sponsored Ads - IIM/ISB/SPJIMR/FMS/XLRI (2-3 yrs)
With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we- re obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be - and advertising is a part of that experience. We strive to make advertising so relevant that customers welcome it - on Amazon, on mobile and tablet devices, and across the web. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon. If you- re obsessed with being a part of digital advertising that informs instead of interrupts; that helps customers deliver great products and brands, not just delivers impressions; and that empowers customers to be decisive, rather than distracts them - then we want you to come join us and make advertising even better.
We are looking for a hands-on, creative, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly-motivated Program Manager to help scale Sponsored Ads for Sellers on Amazon.in marketplace. Developing and leveraging strong relationships with internal teams and Sellers, this person will be responsible for driving of adoption and engagement of sellers with advertising.
To do this, this person needs to be extremely hands on, have excellent process orientation and stakeholder management skills. In addition to working closely with other internal and external teams, this person will interact with product management and marketing teams on a regular basis to drive the team's goals.
The key responsibility of the Program Manager is to own and drive adoption and engagement with Sponsored Ads advertising for Amazon.in (IN) marketplace sellers thereby generating advertising revenue. They would accomplish this by doing the following,
- Driving awareness of Sponsored Ads and its benefits to IN marketplace Sellers
- Driving adoption and advertiser engagement for Sellers with Sponsored Ads
- Working with the Product teams to ensure good Seller experience with Sponsored Ads
- Working with Marketing team to ensure relevant and actionable seller communication and content
- Setting up and implementing processes (SOPs) with to
(i) Onboard Sellers on to Sponsored Ads
(ii) Train them and
(iii) Help them manage their advertising campaigns to increase return on investment (ROI)
- Setting up and implementing processes for 3rd party service providers and agencies to drive adoption and advertising revenue from Sponsored Ads
- Interacting periodically with Sellers and driving product enhancements based on seller feedback
- Periodically monitoring and reviewing performance and taking corrective actions
- Deriving insights from data and put them into action (to be executed by stakeholders)
- Driving creation of actionable business reports working with Analysts in the team
Skill set required:
- Very High degree of Ownership and Bias for Action
- Strong process orientation; ability to find efficient solutions to problems and automate tasks
- Strong stakeholder management experience; ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets; being able to influence without authority
- Ability to deep-dive into a problem; very strong analytical skills required
- Ability to thrive and perform in an ambiguous setting; sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule
- Bachelor's degree: Engineering/Commerce preferred
- Master's degree from Tier-1 B-School (IIM/ISB/SPJIMR/FMS/XLRI etc.)
- 2-3 years of post-MBA experience (i.e. Class of 2016 & 2017 preferred)