Amazon - Program Manager - Process Excellence - Relay Operations Center (8-12 yrs)
- Relay Operations Center (ROC) is the central command and control center for - Transportation Execution- across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, India and EU. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon facilities and to carrier hubs. In case of any exceptions,
- ROC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings.
- In addition to this tactical problem solving, ROC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
- Overall, ROC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve its customers on time.
Purview of a Program Manager at ROC
- A Program Manager facilitates flow of information between different stakeholders (Trans Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses) and resolves any potential issues that impacts customer experience and business continuity.
- The candidate should have a basic understanding of the logistics space and should be able to communicate clearly in the written and oral form. She/he should be able to come up with process improvements drive them through completion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed is a plus.
- Developing and/or understanding performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Scoping out business and functional requirements for the Amazon technology teams who create and enhance the software systems and tools are used by ROC.
- Identifying the business impact of trends and making data backed decisions.
- Escalating problems or variances in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- MBA/ Master's degree in Operations from a reputed institute - Logistics/transportation background and lean/six sigma training is a plus - Knowledge of analytical softwares such as SQL/R