Amazon - Program Manager - Nodal & Escrow Operations (10-13 yrs)
About the Role & Key Job Responsibilities :
Nodal Program Manager, will lead the Transactions Settlements Unit (TSU) & be responsible for managing the Nodal & Escrow operations with a focus on effectively driving operations, resolving operational/compliance issues and addressing inquiries/needs of business teams, banking partners.
The TSU team will be focused on reconciliation of all regulated accounts as well as exception analysis and their closures. Nodal Program Manager will be responsible for enforcing compliance and ensure business continuity.
- Responsible for leading audits of the nodal / OPGSP and Escrow and support external and internal auditors.
- Manage business requirements in driving operations goals and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provide coaching to analysts, contribute to team goals setting and performance appraisals, and coordinate staff training and coverage to ensure adequate level of cross training for appropriate coverage of business responsibilities.
- Develop a strong understanding of the process and systems that support the operation to effectively troubleshoot operational issues and continuously evaluate existing processes to enhance them or develop new ones to increase the efficiency of activities and reduce operational risk.
- The person will also have to engage and interface with host of stakeholders including Country Managers, Legal, Technology, Internal / external auditors, Banks, etc. as required.
- Function as subject matter expert to communicate nodal requirements in the context of these systems and in efforts relating to project launches.
- Contribute to the management of relationships with counterparties, external parties, vendors, etc.
Basic qualifications :
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- Experience in people management
- Should have a CA or Master's in Business Administration from a reputed institution with Finance or Accounting as a major.
- Should have at least 6-8 years of experience working across Operations, e-commerce or retail.
- Should have managed a team of Associates and Sr. Associates across various levels for at least 3-4 years.
- Should have Accounting or Financial Accounting experience and worked in a Financial Operations.
- Manager role for at least 2-3 years. Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-ups. Experience and ability to work across time-zones and with remote locations.
- Proficiency in Excel, database applications and other analysis tools.
- Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of groups, including Technology, Product Management, Accounting, Finance Community, Internal and external auditors is a must.
- Ability to carry out complex analyses, synthesize data with superior attention to detail and provide policy & process improvements.
- Experience with translating financial accounting requirements into operational processes and a demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges.
Preferred qualifications :
- Working understanding of an internal control framework and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Exposure on operational risk and control frame work.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.