Amazon - Program Manager - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (2-4 yrs)
As we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, Amazon has reinvented how hundreds of millions of people shop online - providing Customers with the opportunity to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy and providing millions of Sellers with a platform for growing successful businesses.
The ideal candidate will have analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools, while always applying analytical rigor to solve business problems. We will also look to this person to drive improvement initiatives in IN Selection, as well as provide operational support while managing a team.
Who are we looking to Hire?
An ideal candidate has a background in business/operations and excellent program management skills. We expect Program Managers (PM) to own the projects they are assigned. They should identify the interlinkages between different teams involved, understand the data flowing in from each of these team's processes and generate insights through a combination of data-savvy and business acumen. This job requires PMs who are proficient in written as well as verbal communication. They need to be able to operate in an environment where correlation ambiguity exists. To be successful, the PM should be willing to learn an upskill themselves on latest processes which help them handle Map - spatial data.
- Data driven decision making in ambiguous situations
- Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our analytical and business needs
- Analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues that help drive business actions.
- Work across teams with different stakeholders to prioritize and deliver data and reporting
- Drive cross-functional projects to deliver business value for the team; be part of projects involving new feature definition to improve processes and reduce cost.
- Engage stakeholders across globe; demonstrate business acumen and skills in driving change by developing business proposals and driving the implementation of recommendations through effective written and oral communication.
Basic qualifications :
- Bachelor's/Master's degree with good academic record. (MBA is a Plus)
- 2+ years of operations and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and assist team members on complex issues
- Ability to communicate findings and concepts to Senior Leadership
- Basic to moderate dive deep, data interpretation, logical reasoning and analytical skill set
- Proficient in MS Excel, SQL and working on databases (good to have)
- Experience in managing a team