Amazon - Program Manager - Fulfillment Transportation - IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (5-15 yrs)
Job summary :
Program Manager - Amflex
At Amazon we are building a world-class last mile delivery network in India, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors (IC) - called delivery partners (DP) - to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, partners act as their own boss. They can build their own schedule and choose from different types of opportunities (scheduled-ahead blocks, instant offers), all while making great earnings. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app, which can be downloaded from web, and that works in concert with our advanced systems, allowing partners to sign in, grab an offer for a time, check out a map of the location, and more. Amazon India is looking for Program Manager for its fastest growing P2P delivery business line.
In this role, you will lead the Business Strategy for the new P2P business which includes, pricing, compliance and fraud management charters for Amazon Flex in India.
As a program manager, you will:
- Define, design, launch and manage new transportation related programs in India.
- Gather requirements and conceptualize a transportation solution to solve a business problem.
- Work with key stake holders across various functions to define and launch a program.
- Program-manage technical integration with Amazon systems across retail, merchant, transportation operations and finance technologies and setup end-to-end operational, accounting, and financial, taxation requirements, and performance measurement and customer satisfaction related processes.
. Drive one of the key strategic programs for AMZL
- Launch and expand the program as per Amazon's requirements while being responsible for all customer and merchant satisfaction, performance, compliance, accounting and financial related metrics.
- This role calls for an individual who can own all aspects of how transportation impacts customer experience, merchant experience and operator experience; manage performance and measure, determine, then drive, any initiatives necessary to improve it. It requires an individual to showcase judgment and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact. This position offers a broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon.
- Experience in people management
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- Full Time MBA from Tier-I B-Schools
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional Program / Project managerial role handling multiple stakeholder teams.
- Strong understanding, and need to stay connected to developments in the Last Mile Delivery eco-system in India, particularly the gig-worker community across businesses like grocery, food and hyper-local delivery
- Mature, structured thought process, with strong program and stakeholder management skills - role offers broad exposure to various business, financial, and technical teams within Amazon
- Strong ownership, and bias for action to understand problems, find new and innovative solutions, and partner with teams to execute and deliver sustained results
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation abilities, and product understanding, to understand core issues, and create a roadmap for sustainable business growth
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write crisp narratives and engage senior stakeholders
- Drive for excellence, continuously raising the bar, to make the IN program best across Amazon. Not satisfied with status quo.
- Externally aware, and nimble to quickly learn, understand new processes / changes, assess impacts, and take independent calls
- Strong judgement and decision making skills to balance customer experience with financial impact
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- MBA with experience in cross-functional Program / Project managerial role handling a multiple stakeholder teams.