Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:7903 Applications:291 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:100
Amazon - Program Manager - Finance/Tax Compliance (5-11 yrs)
Program Manager - Finance/Tax
Tax Compliance Manager Job description :
- Amazon.com, Earth's most customer-centric company, seeks a Tax Compliance Manager to join its Taskless Compliance Management Team within its Global Corporate Tax Operations Team in Pune, India.
- Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses that must comply with various withholding tax requirements globally. The Taskless Tax team is comprised of tax professionals, product managers, software engineers, and UX designers. To ensure withholding tax compliance, we develop platforms & processes which are adaptable and scalable to meet Amazon's growth.
- The Compliance Manager will work with business managers, operations managers, advisors, and the technology teams to create operations processes, ensure ongoing compliance and support tech platform development.
Responsibilities Include :
- Ensure global Tax Operations processes are compliant with existing tax laws and adapt quickly to operationalize new laws as they arise.
- Create operating procedure documents and ensure robust controls in the process.
- Represent Tax Operations in front of Amazon businesses and independently handle stakeholder conversations.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customer obsessed solutions are developed for businesses.
- Collaborate with the product management and technology team to develop tech solutions to ensure customer delight.
- Ability to evaluate and understand tax law changes and manage the change in operations processes seamlessly.
- Identify process improvement and automation opportunities to help reduce manual touchpoints in compliance.
- Work towards achieving end-to-end knowledge of systems, processes, and business portals.
- Demonstrate a consistent timely track record of delivery.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance with minimum 5 years of experience in Tax compliance, reporting or technology.
- Working knowledge of withholding tax compliance, withholding requirements, and tax forms for various countries.
- Extensive experience conducting complex analysis of large amounts of data.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to stakeholders and management at all levels.
- An appreciation for the sensitive and confidential nature of legal, compliance, and financial projects.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and associated technical systems.
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritize competing demands, and manage multiple projects and associated deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication, including the ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Well-rounded knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Chartered Accountant, MBA in Finance or equivalent degree.
- Knowledge of ERP systems like Oracle/SAP.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy for customers- issues and problems.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, decisive, and self-motivated.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.