Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:3176 Applications:276 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Amazon - Program Manager - Engineering Excellence Learning Programs (4-10 yrs)
We're looking for an entrepreneurial Manager who will help define, build, and deliver a regional strategy for Engineering Excellence learning programs in India. Amazon's Engineering Excellence (EE) group owns technical and leadership training for Amazon's global engineering community. As the Manager and regional lead you advocate for the training needs of the India technical community. This is a leadership position that requires a high bias for action, a willingness to dive deep and an ability to imagine great new customer learning experiences while getting your hands dirty trying out new learning ideas and continually refining the products. We need a highly collaborative team player.
This is an excellent opportunity for a leader who is passionate about helping customers, loves to manage broad learning projects, and is motivated by helping people develop their careers. This role is critical to ensuring our customers have relevant and regionalized growth and development through Engineering Excellence content. Customer obsession and ownership are critical traits for the successful execution of this role. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making.
- Leads the creation, execution and maintenance of the regional training strategy.
- Advocate for customer needs with Seattle learning content developers.
- Help tune programs and messages to meet the diverse needs in their location and act as a facilitator with local leaders.
- Ensure a high quality physical and virtual classroom experience for Amazon's technical talent.
- Identify and challenge inefficiencies in training management workflow and systems, engage multiple parties and lead a path to improvement.
- Stay aware of trends and tools and technologies in the training industry
- Partner with EE teams to support the implementation of learning and process improvements that drive customer centric solutions and decrease resource burdens.
- Proactively reviews customer feedback, root cause concerns and develops a plan to mitigate the issues.
- Work with SMEs to develop content
- Deliver training sessions as needed.
Basic Qualifications :
- 4+ years of experience managing broad global projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong analytic skills, ability to use/develop data to drive decision making
- Experience managing learning activities
- Experience working with leaders of different levels
- Ability to travel internationally 2 times/year; domestically 2-3 times/year
- Proven ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and influence cross-functional teams