Amazon - Program Manager - Advertising - IIM/ISB/SPJIMR/FMS/XLRI (3-5 yrs)
With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, we- re obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be - and advertising is a part of that experience. We strive to make advertising so relevant that customers welcome it - on Amazon, on mobile and tablet devices, and across the web. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon's top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact.
We are looking for a hands-on, creative, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly-motivated Program Manager to help scale Sponsored Ads for Sellers on Amazon.in marketplace. Developing and leveraging strong relationships with internal teams and Sellers, this person will be responsible for driving of adoption and engagement of sellers with advertising.
The key responsibilities of the Program Manager are the following,
- Owning and driving adoption of Sponsored Ads for Amazon.in (IN) marketplace sellers thereby generating advertising revenue (equivalent of P&L responsibility).
- Determining the long-term strategy for growth and driving end-to-end execution.
- Creating and managing programs for driving advertiser success leading to a sustainable ads business.
- Setting up and implementing programs to - (i) onboard Sellers on to Sponsored Ads, (ii) educate them and (iii) help them derive benefit from advertising.
- Identifying internal and external partnership opportunities to help drive ads business. For e.g., 3rd party (e.g. service providers, other external agencies) based advertising support to drive adoption and advertising revenue.
- Interacting periodically with Sellers and driving product enhancements based on Seller feedback.
- Working with marketing team to ensure relevant and actionable seller communication and content.
- Periodically monitoring and reviewing performance and taking corrective actions.
- Deriving insights from data and put them into action (by working with key stakeholders).
- Driving creation of actionable business reports working with Analysts in the team.
Skill sets required and basic qualifications:
- Very High degree of Ownership and Bias for Action.
- Strong process orientation; ability to find efficient solutions to problems and automate tasks.
- Strong stakeholder management experience; ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets; being able to influence without authority.
- Ability to deep-dive into a problem; very strong analytical skills required.
- Ability to thrive and perform in an ambiguous setting; sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule.
- Bachelor's degree: Engineering preferred
- Master's degree from Tier 1 B-schools (IIMs/ISB/SPJIMR/FMS/XLRI etc.)
- 3+ years of post-MBA experience
- Proven experience in managing programs / categories / business verticals across e-commerce companies.