Amazon - Program Manager (4-6 yrs)
Amazon's - Working Well- team is seeking highly skilled and motivated program manager to assist in the tactical management and execution of program worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon. To place an increased emphasis on injury prevention, health and wellness, Amazon is implementing a health and wellness program called Working Well - this program includes - associate-facing support, education and injury-prevention initiatives.
- An ideal candidate has excellent program management skills. S/he has the ability to, pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment, fast paced and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex challenges and possess a bias to get things done and deliver results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own KPIs and performance improvement initiatives in Working Well team.
- Continual, tactical communication with Stakeholders.
- Ability to pull data and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Develop performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Lead initiatives to identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to convey updates on issues, operational status and business drivers during shift changes as needed throughout the activity cycle and during daily/weekly reviews.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards on the key drivers of our business
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Bachelor's degree or higher and a minimum of 4 years relevant program management experience.
- Competent business and technical writing skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills for use of digital tools for project management and document control (Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude (i.e. able to read & comprehend technical documentation, ability to comprehend & execute procedures, demonstrated understanding of system documentation).
- Bias for action and high on ownership
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
Preferred qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate in a business analyst, data analyst Experience with Lean, Six Sigma analytical techniques is a plus
- Change agent with energy, passion and skill to drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively balance/prioritize issues.
- Strong relationship building/networking/interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creating complex Excel VBA macros
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data. An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment