Amazon - Program Manager (4-15 yrs)
- The Global Workplace Health& Safety Team leads cross-functional projects that requires collaboration and partnership with Amazon businesses, geographical units and technical subject matter experts (SMEs). The projects are focused on initiatives to continually reduce risks and improve network EHS standards and procedures. Individuals gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities and develop the milestones and launch schedules to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project.
- The team members contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
- They rely heavily on influence over authority todrive project deliverables. This a key risk/program management role responsible for executing per direction, the management of the WW EHS programs (standards, procedures, best practices) development, training and continuous improvement projects.
- The role involves hands-on work in the areas of understanding stakeholder needs and expectations, EHS regulatory research, global stakeholder engagement, data analytics and document technical writing. Must be self-starter and detail-oriented. Must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
Program/Process Improvement Project Management
Clearly and timely communicate findings, determinations, and recommendations to compliance management and business partners, both at periodic intervals and as needed regarding escalated or high risk compliance issues.
- Guide management in the development/review of applicable policies, procedures and business practices.
- Engage in frequent written and verbal communication with management and business partners to accomplish goals.
-Execute and drive audits to completion per SOP. This includes drafting audit reports, stakeholder reviews of audit reports, finalizing and tracking audit reports in database and tracking issues in system (and SIM/TT management).
- Owns weekly/monthly reports and metrics.
- Identifies gaps in audit programs and processes and escalates to manager.
- Follows confidentiality rules with the documents reviewed.
- Drafts documents and revisions on audit reports per manager direction.
- Performs deep dive analysis/research on data/information/literature and creates recommendations/corrective actions based on identified deviations and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Maintains subject matter expertise specific to job function and general industry awareness.
- Earns trust of peers by understanding audit processes and programs.
- Makes recommendations to managers for input into roadmap strategic discussions and continuous improvement projects to drive program efficiencies.
- Mentors peers and new hires and may participate in the development and delivery of audit trainings.
- Edit and format WHS audit documentation per manager's instructions (e.g. build tables, draw figures and flow charts).
- Ensure all records of document status, outstanding change controls, document reviews, and document approvals are meticulously maintained.
- Managing and controlling specific records, as required.
- Considers customer experience in the execution or handling of specific escalations cases and projects.
- Knows when to ask for help.
- Drives accountability for results.