Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:6715 Applications:810 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:73
Amazon - Production Planning Analyst/Business Analyst (2-4 yrs)
At Amazon, delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority. The Production Planning Team is aggressively innovating in a number of areas aimed at propelling our customers- experience by ensuring we have robust and optimal labor plans in our Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, energetic Business Analysts who loves to get their hands dirty and will relentlessly drive quality, accuracy and efficiency in the planning process. This analyst will be a member of the Production Planning Team, which will recommend on-going hourly staffing plans and shift structures in all of our European Fulfillment Centers. The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams including FC Operations leadership, Finance leadership, Supply Chain, Transportation and the LaMPS technical development team in Seattle.
- Production Planning as well as cost and service optimization for EU FC network spread across 7+ countries
- Manage headcount staffing and scheduling for a headcount that runs to tens of thousands supporting multiple businesses and geographies.
- Build short/medium and long term operational plans for different global sites to optimize variable costs associated with staffing
- Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to FC Operations
- Lead critical projects to improve planning and forecasting efficiency and accuracy for global operations.
- Participate in global operational and production planning initiatives and project roll outs to cater to growing business needs
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network
2. Basic Qualifications
- A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Experience utilizing SQL
- Advanced Excel and Access skills
- Experience translating roadmaps and key performance indicators as well as recommendations to senior leaders
3. Preferred Qualifications
- MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations