Recruiter at Amazon
Views:5959 Applications:1458 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:46
Amazon - Product Manager - Prime (2-7 yrs)
Product Managers are the builders on Amazon! They own building new features, tools, processes and businesses for amazon. The delivery experience product management team is focused on understanding the needs (stated or unstated) of online shoppers and coming up with creative and often visionary solutions. Think of any feature on amazon that you like e.g. - 1 click-, - Prime- and - Subscribe and save- all of these programs were built by product managers.
Amazon's vision is to be - earth's most customer centric company- and Customer Experience Product Managers have end to end ownership for improving customer experience on amazon including identifying opportunities, defining solutions, getting leadership buy in, prioritization of resources, delivering the project in partnership with tech teams and measuring impact. This role requires working with the worldwide Amazon team to formulate recommendations on new business initiatives and partnering with operations, technology teams, and product development teams to implement these recommendations.
The role requires you to have a strong mobile bias and build delivery product and features that will make the Amazon delivery experience best on Mobile.
A Customer Experience Product Manager is
- Customer centric
- A visionary
- An experience business manager
- Enthusiastic about solving complex problems
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environment
- A Data based decision maker
A Customer Experience Product Manager works closely with but is distinct from a
- Software development manager
- Technical Product Manager
- Program manager
- UX Designer
(These are distinct roles in amazon and if you are interested in them please go through the career portal at amazon for suitable opportunities)
The position is located in Bangalore, India.
- Must-have experience/criteria for role:
- Proven track record of customer obsession.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data-driven decisions that lead to results.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (spoken and written) and influencing skills and an ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work with technology teams and operations teams
- An MBA or Masters in Marketing or Strategy.
Ideal candidate profile
- The Customer Experience PM is a passionate customer advocate within Amazon and has a deep understanding of the importance of the customer experience for our site.
- To that end, he or she must be able to develop a clear strategy and business rationale for enhancement to and expansion of different features and functionalities specially on Mobile.
- He or she will work with many different parts of the Amazon organization, and as such, will need to be an effective influencer as well as a passionate leader.
- An ideal candidate profile may include similar experiences in a leading on or off-line retailer, or consumer products company.
- This leader will be known for thinking big and be simultaneously able to dive deep into details.
- The candidate may have experience working in a multinational corporation and proven success at leveraging central resource groups on behalf of the business.
- This person will have a track record as an inspirational people influencer.