Recruiter at Amazon.com
Views:4213 Applications:421 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Amazon - Principal Program Manager - Selling & Partner Services (14-24 yrs)
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Today, we operate retail websites in twelve countries, offering millions of products in more than 40 categories worldwide, and we still like to work hard, have fun and make history!
Selling and Partner services helps our business grow profitably by providing automation and tools for increasing selection, lowering prices optimally, managing in stock and getting the best terms from our vendors. The pricing operations and analytics team manage pricing decisions for millions of items sold by Amazon worldwide. The pricing operations team is based in our India development center and has complete business and functional ownership.
This role requires working closely with business category teams and key software development teams to define strategy and requirements, and lead development design through delivery and subsequent operation. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and program strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential. This is a critical role focused on expanding Amazon's leadership position in price competitiveness. This role will primarily be responsible for defining and executing strategies for sharp pricing of Amazon selection. You will drive timely, accurate and efficient programs to ensure Amazon's price competitiveness and will regularly interact with Senior Leadership at the director and vice-president level.
Ideal candidate Profile
- The candidate has experience managing complex large scale programs and possesses superior analytical abilities. This individual contributor opportunity requires excellent stakeholder management, tech literacy, problem-solving, and communication skills. You must be very comfortable defining, developing and using metrics to drive the vision and manage the business, often in ambiguous environments.
- Program Management
- Understanding knowledge of ecommerce technology, functions, and features
- Drive prioritization and coordination with internal teams Program Management
- Clarify and drive project priorities and commitments as well as establish clear chains of project management and accountability across multiple geographic locations
- Partner with technology and resolve conflicts that balance vendor and internal needs for technical, implementation, and operational issues across Amazon systems
- Effectively communicate and function within Amazon to gain required resources and appropriate management attention/support
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Experience managing programs in Internet products and technologies
- Experience communicating and handling cross functional programs.
- Candidates must be independent and flexible, with executive-level communication skills, a strong customer focus.
- Essential program management skills include collecting business requirements, reviewing specifications, analyzing cost/benefit of project selection, and communicating results throughout the organization
- Should have excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with AGILE or other program management methodologies
- MBA preferred