Talent Advisor at Amazon
Views:7438 Applications:443 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:297
Amazon - Principal Product Manager - Consumer Lending (10-15 yrs)
Amazon Pay strives to be Earth's most customer centric payments service. Our mission is to serve customers with the most trusted, frictionless and rewarding payment solutions for their needs on and off Amazon. We- re looking for an experienced Product leader who wants to help drive the future of consumer lending in India through new and innovative proprietary (2P) credit products. We are looking for someone who loves listening to customers, uncovering stated and unstated problems and finding the right product experiences to solve these problems.
A Product leader at Amazon is an entrepreneur. You will articulate compelling user stories, crisply define customer and product requirements, own the product roadmap, and refine specifications and architecture through the product lifecycle. You will work closely with design, engineering, project management and legal teams in an agile environment to launch products and scale them to tens of millions of customers. You will work with marketing, sales, business development, finance, and account management teams to drive the adoption of your product and further refine features and functionality basis live customer feedback. You will be accountable for ensuring that the product complies with external regulation, and the operating processes and systems you setup are scalable.
India is a credit starved nation with less than 3% Indians having access to credit cards and other formal sources of credit for their consumption needs. Despite this small coverage, credit already drives a significant share of consumption on Amazon. Consumer financing team within Amazon Pay has a mission to bridge this credit gap and enable seamless credit for everyone at lowest cost, thus empowering more Indians to fulfill their aspirational consumption needs. Amazon's own proprietary (2P) credit solutions, which leverage our customer insights, data and tech capabilities in partnership with top lenders in the country, will play a key role in achieving this vision.
As the product lead for Amazon's proprietary (2P) consumer lending products, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on one of Amazon Pay's most important initiatives. You will help shape and deliver on strategy to enable Amazon's proprietary (2P) lending solutions with an aim to increase access to convenient and affordable credit to all Amazon customers across variety of use cases on and off Amazon.
You will need to identify gaps/opportunities where credit can transform the customer experience and drive delight, stickiness and higher consumption for customers and merchants. The role requires creation of capabilities across lending lifecycle in a modular lending stack (credit modelling, onboarding, shopping experience, simplified repayments etc.). It also requires this leader to work very closely with multiple lending partners to define and deliver industry best value propositions for different segments of customers which can drive differentiation for Amazon. You will bring a heightened sense of ownership, thought leadership and product building expertise to a fast pace startup environment, and you will be partnering with technology teams and stakeholders across Amazon to drive business outcomes.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent business acumen & vision, product & program management skills, and a highly effective people leader who can work in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Define market opportunity, business strategy, product roadmap and GTM strategy for 2P lending products including sign off from senior leadership
- Solve difficult and complex topics such as improving reach, application approval rates while keeping delinquencies to the minimum.
- Build and refine specific product requirements for various identified customer segments negotiating with banks/ partners/ regulators to achieve the vision, in conjunction with other payments teams
- Drive execution of product roadmap, GTM and consumer adoption by partnering with internal stakeholders (tech, sales, operations). Making smart tradeoffs, coordinate dependencies, and maintain communication throughout the organization to guarantee smooth and efficient product delivery.
- Oversee a team of product / program managers to achieve business goals (this is a people manager role)
Basic qualifications :
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Product Management & Payments
- Sound Understanding of e-commerce Retail Fundamentals
- Management Degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, developing, launching and scaling new consumer products in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Fluency in English required
- MBA from premier B School in India or abroad
- Experience in financial services and products management including retail banking or fintech experience.
- Understanding and experience in managing a portfolio of products and comfort in product management methodologies, especially in agile software development environments -
- Experience in vendor contract negotiations and managing vendor relationships Experience in dealing with regulatory and supervisory bodies