Amazon - Principal Product Manager - Amazon Prime Video (10-18 yrs)
Are you interested in shaping the future of how people watch movies, shows and more? We are a growing team with an ambitious charter and we are seeking an experienced product manager in Mumbai to develop innovative digital video business opportunities for customers.
A Principal Product Manager for Prime Video India, will be able to think-big, articulate and drive a strategic vision, work cross-functionally across key stakeholders, and partner with dedicated engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that grow Prime Video customers in India. She or he will have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership, being a creative problem solver and in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This leader must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to influence others, passion for digital video, and strong cross-functional leadership. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, independently lead executive level reviews and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
This role will have end-to-end product responsibility from strategic opportunity assessment to tactical road mapping and feature development to growth goals. If you enjoy defining and delivering first-class customer experiences and have a passion for video, come join us!
In this role you will :
- Develop a deep understanding of the Prime Video customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own end to end development starting from business case approval from stakeholders, leading into defining detailed product requirements documents, working with tech to build functionalities and partnering with team to own and drive launch/growth with robust go-to-market plans.
- Work cross-functionally with data science, engineering, design, marketing, business development, legal, finance, customer service, and operations teams to deliver on the product roadmap and business goals
Basic qualifications :
- 10+ years of data-driven product management work experience performing relevant, innovative, product management job functions while partnering closely with software development teams.
- Proven ability to rally a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders to turn a big vision into reality.
- Experience working with designers, engineers, and business leaders to generate buy in for the product direction you are setting.
- Technical experience in developing, delivering and executing on complex distributed software systems at scale
- A combination of business and technical depth with the ability to dive deep with senior technical leaders to understand architecture concerns, address objections and gather detailed technical requirements
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Excellent analytical abilities and oral/written communication skills.
- Passion for understanding customers and their behavior, particularly with regard to the digital video space
- Direct experience defining products and roadmaps which deliver simple, immersive customer experiences while dealing with underlying complex technical requirements
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience delivering digital streaming media and/or in any other consumer subscription services business.
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field