Amazon - Principal - Product Management (10-15 yrs)
Principal, Product Management (10+ Years)
The Principal, Product Management will lead a team of Product Managers responsible for Amazon's Delivery Experience, and all elements of customer experience. This role will develop and own the Product Vision, Product Roadmap, Business Requirement Documents both through the team and and individually deliver flagship features hands-on.
The role will partner closely with the Amazon Trans, Operations and WW DEX leadership team across functional areas in India and Seattle. The ideal candidate will obsess over customers and have a proven track record of delivering results.
Primary responsibilities :
Product Strategy and Direction : Continually assess the needs of sellers, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats in defining and evolving the product strategy in your area of product ownership.
Roadmap Planning : Manage a cross-functional process for prioritizing and planning the roadmap and major product releases. Use high judgement to make critical tradeoffs, balancing both business requirements and technological tradeoffs.
Requirements Definition : Develop comprehensive product plans, incorporating market requirements and the competitive arena. Effectively prioritize and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget.
Product Roll-out :
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for new features. Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities. Partner closely with the Trans and Operations leaders to drive adoption and ensure processes for on boarding that are easy and intuitive.
The position is located in Bangalore, India, and reports into the international retail team's product management group.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years of experience of product management in leading technology companies
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products related fields.
- Experience defining market and product requirements, working with engineering organizations to rapidly deliver high-impact capabilities to market.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning/messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive management of product.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Collaborative working style. Must work well in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications :
- The Customer Experience Product Head is a passionate customer advocate within Amazon and has a deep understanding of the importance of the customer experience for our site.
- He or she will work with many different parts of the Amazon organization, and as such, will need to be an effective influencer as well as a passionate leader.
- An ideal candidate profile may include similar experiences in a leading on or off-line retailer, or consumer products company. This leader will be known for thinking big and be simultaneously able to dive deep into details.
- The candidate may have experience working in a multinational corporation and proven success at leveraging central resource groups on behalf of the business.
- This person will have a track record as an inspirational people influencer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.