Talent Partner at Amazon
Views:2973 Applications:723 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Amazon - Principal - Business Development - Consumer Financing (10-12 yrs)
Amazon Pay strives to be Earth's most customer-centric payments service. Our mission is to serve customers with the most trusted, friction-less and rewarding payment solutions for their needs on and off Amazon. We are looking for an experienced Business leader who wants to drive the future of consumer credit in India by helping create and scale marketplace of lenders and sellers that can offer largest range of financing options at lowest cost to customers for their consumption needs online as well as offline. We are looking for someone who loves listening to customers and business partners to define right partnership models that can help scale Amazon's consumer financing programs.
The Principal Business Development manager will be responsible for scaling consumption through Amazon's proprietary and third party consumer financing programs by driving customer adoption, managing lenders, generating ecosystem funding from sellers, brands and lenders. Consumer financing programs drive multi-billion dollar sales on Amazon and this leader will be responsible for driving customer awareness and adoption. S/he will own overall PnL for consumer finance and would be responsible for all commercial negotiations (including, IRR, subvention, fees and incentives) to scale these programs and generate standalone profits.
India is a credit starved nation with less than 3% Indians having access to credit cards and other formal sources of credit for their consumption needs. Despite this small coverage, credit already drives a significant share of consumption on Amazon. Consumer financing team within Amazon Pay has a mission to bridge this credit gap and enable seamless credit for everyone at lowest cost, thus empowering more Indians to fulfill their aspirational consumption needs.
Amazon's consumer financing programs have over 25 lending partners and Principal business development manager will be the single interface for growing and managing existing and new lender partnerships. S/he will also be responsible for finalizing commercial terms and contracts as well as setting up governance mechanisms across these partnerships. This role will also be responsible for pursuing alliances for new/ first in market capabilities through partnerships with other Fintechs, Credit Bureaus and Telcos.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent business acumen & vision, business development and strategic partnership skills.
Key Responsibilities :
- Define market opportunity, business development strategy and GTM for consumer financing programs, including sign off from senior leadership
- Generate ecosystem funding from brands and sellers to reduce the cost of financing for customers through programs like No Cost EMIs and EMI Festivals
- Negotiating with banks/ partners/ regulators to drive better IRR, cost of payments and customer coverage to increase access to financing
- Manage overall consumer financing PnL and drive scale and profitability
- Drive customer awareness, adoption and retention for all financing programs
- Define and execute new campaigns to drive additional sales (esp. during festive sales) in collaborations with category and partner teams
- Drive a team of marketing, category and program managers to achieve business goals
Basic qualifications :
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales and business development in Financial Services/FMCG
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA is preferred - Understanding of e-commerce desired
- Strong team player, acts like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business - by the numbers-
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- Proven ability to successfully thrive in an ambiguous environment and changing market conditions
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience in financial services and business development/category management including retail banking or fintech experience
- Understanding and experience in managing portfolio of strategic partnerships
- Experience in vendor contract negotiations and managing vendor relationships
- Experience in dealing with regulatory and supervisory bodies