Recruiter at Amazon
Views:4453 Applications:856 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:168
Amazon - Planning & Forecasting Manager - Supply/Demand Planning (5-10 yrs)
Planning & Forecasting Manager
- Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
- Amazon India is seeking a smart, customer obsessed, analytical and detail oriented candidate to join the Softlines Private Brands team at Amazon to help build the next generation of most loved brands.
- The Planning & Forecasting Manager will demonstrate understanding of inventory strategies and supply chain efficiencies to maximize sales, margin and turns and play a critical role helping Amazon to build, manage and optimize a complex procurement system that continues to evolve and expand.
- S/he will produce and analyze weekly metrics and be involved with all aspects of demand planning and operational cost optimization initiatives.
- S/he must have proven success in cost-out initiatives and demonstrate passion for the customer experience. As part of the team, s/he will work with product, technology and business teams to drive complex data and trend analyses to root cause issues and propose ways to improve existing processes.
- The candidate will also be responsible for working with global and local product & technology teams to launch new product features to enable better trend identification, and develop new forecasting tools and planning solutions for the India business.
- S/he will be responsible for building and publishing detailed dashboards and reports, to enable actionable business insights and identify new opportunities based on customer and business data.
- An ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about discovering and solving complicated problems, learning complex systems, working with numbers, and organizing and communicating data and reports.
- S/he will possess exceptional skills in project management and data reporting, and be interested in launching products solutions to improve existing processes. S/he should be able to lead and influence both internal and external teams in a constantly evolving environment.
- S/he will be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and capable of dealing with a high degree of ambiguity. Strong candidates will have hands-on operations or inventory management experience and knowledge of fundamental business principles.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Improve inventory availability, increase inventory efficiency and improve automation
- Drive cost optimization initiatives related to warehousing, packaging, freight and product returns
- Understand the unique business requirements of our business and work closely with the local and global product & analytics teams to guide the direction of new product launches.
- Influence business decision making by providing quantitative/qualitative data analysis, which bring out insights and trends pertaining to business performance
- Work closely with business teams and programs to identify, define and document business intelligence and analytical reporting needs. Create high quality dashboards that drive business insights and decision making, and aid process improvements.
- Automate the report generation process though use of BI tools and programing techniques - such as SQL, SAS, DW concepts & advanced Excel. Deploy visualization tools and techniques such as Tableau and Quicksight to build comprehensive dashboards
Basic Qualifications :
- MBA from a premier Indian or international business school.
- 5+ years of inventory planning, operations, retail or consulting, with a history of owning/driving results
- Proven track record of managing and executing large projects from start to finish, including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving, and communicating recommendations
- Self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, strong ownership, high commitment and a strong business judgment.
- Enjoy working in a startup environment, with proven ability to innovate, prioritize and work customer backwards.
- Analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential. Demonstrated ability to work independently to make complex investigations
Preferred Qualifications :
- Strong Analytical skills - has ability to ask right questions, analyze data, draws conclusion by making appropriate assumptions
- Experience in launching/adopting product features
- Proficiency in analytical tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software
- Experience with Tableau/PowerBI or other BI tools
- Ability to think both strategically & tactically with proven track record of taking ownership and driving results