Senior Recruiter at Amazon
Views:2734 Applications:675 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:224
Amazon - Operations Manager - Transportation (5-11 yrs)
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers
Amazon is seeking Operation Manager for its Transportation team.
In this role you will be responsible for Setting up the sortation centers in the region which includes identifying & setting up sites to ensure rapid expansions & growth in the region.
Essential Functions :
- Defining, building and responsible for the execution of transportation processes, right from Fulfillment centers to sortation hubs and further to the last mile Delivery center network.
- Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for sort hubs with support from HR and training team, to meet the operational requirements for the city, continuously meeting the high bar on quality and productivity.
- Ensure enough bandwidth in these sites for peak time volume management.
- Coordinate with Finance, CS, FC and Projects team to matters related to city operations.
- Conduct the performance appraisals of the team members and mentor them for handling efficient operations.
- Continuously improve the defined processes and attain a sustained performance standard. Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
- Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
- Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms such as Kaizen
Essential Skills :
- Strong leadership capabilities and people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure situations
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- Good communication skills. Ability to communicate and explain to individuals & the team, what needs to be done to achieve its objectives.
- Listening skills : Gains input and commitment from all involved in delivering their specific part.
- Ability to set and achieve timelines for tasks : Set realistic and stretching performance expectations for self and others.
- Regularly reviews progress and acts to ensure optimal results for the business.
- Strong Bias for great customer service : Engage the Team in developing their understanding of Customer Experience and knowledge of what Customers actually needs/expects.
- High Ownership : Follows through to ensure the delivery of changes/solutions/services that fulfill the Customer's needs.
- Analytical Skills : Effectively analyses and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
- Understands line haul management.