Recruiter at Amazon
Views:1698 Applications:442 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Amazon - Operations Manager - Quality (7-15 yrs)
Operations Manager - Quality
- You will manage a QA team to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines for our products.
- You will partner with a team of regional quality managers and program managers driving a world class Quality operation to help enhance quality and customer experience.
- You will interact directly with Amazon internal customers in a global functional team to streamline process, manage requirement changes and ensure high quality and service level.
- In this role, you will collaborate with numerous operational, training, data, and software development teams to identify, define and specify solutions that improve both quality and associate performances.
- You will be able to adapt to ambiguity and understand how to identify the right inputs to achieve meaningful outputs, implement closed loop processes and measures to ensure improvements are quantified.
- You will have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and long-term systemic changes.
- You will build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, Quality program managers, and operations teams, working closely to create and execute a quality project roadmap.
- The manager will be a strong quality advocate collaborating with operations and programs to identify defect opportunities and prevention mechanisms.
- You will develop an effective feedback strategy that conveys quantified progress and maintains engagement from our team, our stakeholders and our business partners. You will mentor a high performing team of quality analysts and specialists to do what is right for the customer.
- A successful quality manager will be a strong process leader with a background in building and improving quality processes and running effective teams delivering against a high paced schedule.
- He/She should be highly customer focused, obsessed with quality improvement, with a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations.
- He/She must have a strong backbone, hands-on experience in conflict management with an ability to collaborate and execute improvements based on a data driven approach.
Key Responsibilities :
- Facilitates the execution of the world wide C- Ops QA strategy through local management, operations teams and support teams
- Documentation of quality metrics, communicate root causes to operations and carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Introduce new systems and procedures that drive defect identification and reduction
- Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Quality team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Communicate across all levels on Operations and program progress. Provide focused feedback loops for teams based on performance and quality data.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis ( 5 Whys Analysis/ Fish Bone Analysis) and Error Trend Analysis
- Drive defect elimination program by working along with Ops and Program stakeholders.
- Drive efficiency improvements by eliminating non value add processes and introducing automation capabilities- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and quality.
- Work with software teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for system and tools.
- Recruit top-quality employees. Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.