Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:1249 Applications:254 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Amazon - Operations Manager - Last Mile Analytics & Quality Team - Transportation Vertical (2-5 yrs)
Job Description: Are you interested in being part of a brand new Amazon initiative to redefine the way geo-spatial data is visualized and built to delight our customers and take your skills and career to the next level? Join the Last Mile Analytics and Quality (LMAQ) team which will work to establish new approaches to seamlessly curate and enhance data from Amazon's global last mile delivery network to improve our geo-spatial data quality.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced operations manager to lead our geo-spatial data quality improvement efforts in Hyderabad, India.
She/he will be primarily responsible for :
- Structure and lead geo-spatial data augmentation and curation teams.
- Establish and streamline operational processes for data augmentation efforts, independently drive process excellence initiatives to re-engineer process(es) to quickly respond to business needs
- Continuously evaluate existing tools and processes for employee engagement and task management, and propose solutions to invent and simplify for efficiency gains and high-quality throughput.
- Deliver high quality work under tight deadlines handling ambiguity and fluctuating volumes.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the data curation in close coordination with last mile Tech & Science teams, and ensure seamless reporting for the data quality improvement across their span.
- Communicate internally or externally to identify issues and propose solutions for long term sustainability of processes
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, and clearly communicate the team progress by the setting up of audit, assessment and reporting mechanisms. She/he contributes to data quality improvement projects by proposing enhancements to tools and working on continuous improvement of business process that address key team pain-points to set them up for success. The person is a self-starter, sets vision and manages teams and sets clear goals for team performance management. The person has track record of driving process excellence projects. Knowledge or experience in Six sigma, LEAN or statistical process control projects is a bonus.
- Bachelor's degree (engineering, science, math, technology)
- 2+ years' experience in Project/Program/Operations Management for Geocoding domain
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels
- Business focused thinking, an ability to focus on key issues and a strong hands-on, results driven mentality
- Experience in instituting and driving large KPIs for large teams, setting benchmarks, baselines and productivity targets for span.
- Perform ad hoc reporting, experiments and analysis as needed
- Proven Project management, Operations Management Skills
- Proficiency with Excel, strong analytical acumen and ability to manage large process oriented workforces.
- Analytical tool awareness (such as R/Tableau etc)
- Significant experience in SOP design, Knowledge base management, Training, floor management and data procurement (sql).
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma analytical techniques is a plus
- Experience in setting up operations for Geocoding programs is a huge plus.
- A good sense of humor, a positive attitude, great team work and people engagement skills.