Recruiter at Amazon
Views:5249 Applications:534 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:31
Amazon - Operations Manager- Air Haul (8-12 yrs)
As a Line Haul Manager, you will be responsible for executing carrier operations for the assigned city/region. The role is part of Line Haul operations team. You will work closely with internal stakeholders including Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, Network Design, S&OP and Last Mile operations team and external stakeholders such as vendors and carriers. We are looking for individuals with proven ability to drive process improvements & ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline driven environment. The individual should have a can-do attitude and an ability to solve problems independently with limited guidance. Your role will involve managing operational metrics, lead continuous improvement process and cost initiatives, manage carrier relationships and plan for any changes in network.
Lead air operations spanning, planning, network expansion, carrier management and managing execution. Build relationship with air carriers and agents.
- BE/ B.Tech Engineering from a reputed university, Operations or related field. MBA Preferred.
- 8+ years Transportation or Supply Chain experience, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Forecasting, planning or scheduling background in a transportation or production environment.
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques preferred. Excel skills required
Excellent problem-solving, task prioritization, follow-up, and customer service skills.
- Direct team management experience both on-roll and off-roll
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment
- Strong Analytical skills: Effectively analyze and interpret information, identifying & validating the key facts, including reviewing alternatives to determine advantages and associated risks.
Conversant in local language and English.
- Has demonstrated ability to influence others without having positional authority
- Has sound business acumen, with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results
- Experience communicating across all levels of management, peers, and clients
Ability to manage high volume critical workload with a positive, flexible professional attitude
- Prior exposure to air transportation execution
- P&L management for a business