Amazon - Online Marketing Manager (3-6 yrs)
Category Marketing Manager, Consumer Electronics
The Amazon team is looking for an experienced, results-driven marketer to execute on category marketing initiatives across the Consumer Electronics (CE) category on Amazon.in. The CE category is among the largest categories and growing at a rapid clip. The product lines under this vertical include: mobile phones, tablets, laptops, home entertainment, cameras & photography, car electronics etc. and all the accessories related to these devices.
The successful candidate for this high impact role will be a self-starter with a passion for independent, creative problem-solving, have proven data analysis skills, demonstrate great - voice- and content creation chops (i.e. strong writing skills), show strong ownership and commitment, have proven leadership experience in managing projects, and bring relevant insights in marketing and merchandising.
The Category Marketing Manager's primary responsibilities will include:
Consumer Marketing :
- Define event calendar for the category and integrate the same with all traffic channels like Social Media, Display Ads, and Associates. However, all these channels will be paid and over and above the free campaigns that are initiated and run in consultation with category Site Merchandisers. These should help build unaided recall for the category.
- Build events and PR stories calendar in coordination with PR Team. These will include tie into ongoing PR activities as well as initiating/identifying relevant opportunities with brands/exhibitions and involving PR team to work together on it.
- Partner with Category Managers on category specific awareness initiatives; create standardized goals across individual categories and measure efficacy of marketing and merchandising efforts and customer satisfaction
Brand Partnerships :
- In addition to being a transaction platform, Amazon.in is also a brand building platform. The Category Marketing Manager will identify set of priority brands and develop their marketing plans/strategy on the platform.
- Develop beneficial programs/tie-ups for both Amazon and the brand
- Work towards creating co-op opportunities with brands by creating brand stores, brand launch plans, monetizing current assets etc.,
- Work closely with brands to develop customer facing content and guides.
Free Search : Identifying SEO optimization opportunities such as creation of new nodes, content optimization, backlinking to increase Free Search Traffic for the Category
- Setting up couponing, more deals or flash sales to get Associates interested in the Category
- Identifying and signing up brands as associates or offline congregation points, as they would drive high intent traffic
Direct Traffic : Identifying opportunities on the Gateway to get more ingress points for the Category. These include but are not limited to more Cross Category stores, brand stores, topical stores.
- Other Channels: Identifying opportunities to get more coverage for H&K across other channels
- Work with Category Product Manager and develop/bring in widgets/features on site for better customer experience. These will be specifically initiatives that benefit customer visual experience onsite
7. Help define and develop tools for scale and automation
Traits for the successful candidate include:
- Impeccable judgment and the backbone to disagree when customer experience is at risk
- Strong ownership and commitment, and the ability and desire to become a leader at Amazon
- Detail-oriented and well organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and prepared to deal with rapidly-changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High judgment and discretion in decision making in order to build trust with relevant business leaders
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in online content management or brand marketing
- Experience using web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate content
- Experience with Excel and other data analysis tools (SQL).
- Experience using marketing metrics to drive business decisions.
- Experience as a brand marketer.
- Email marketing experience
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Aptitude for being highly organized and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across categories or other departments
- Ability to define and successfully deliver complex projects with superior ROI- from business case development through deployment
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.