Talent Partner at Amazon
Views:3222 Applications:767 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:47
Amazon - Marketing Manager - Payments (6-8 yrs)
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? Want to work in one of the fastest growing and most innovative businesses at Amazon? Interested in working in a high impact role? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Come join our marketing team and help define the course of the new payments and bookings categories we are launching on Amazon
Amazon's vision is to enable customers globally to find, discover, and buy anything online. We are extending this vision to enable customers to not just shop but also book flights, buses, hotels, movie tickets and many more services on Amazon. This is an India first initiative as these categories have not been launched on Amazon before, giving a great opportunity to think and build something ground's up.
We are looking for a smart, results-oriented marketing manager to drive customer research, GTM, end-to-end planning and execution for these new categories. The successful candidate will be responsible for the branding and communication strategy, mining customer insights and behavior from data, planning and executing best in class on-site merchandising strategies and driving online and offline marketing channels. This role is based in Bangalore.
The Marketing Manager will be the single threaded leader who will partner with the leadership to translate the voice of the customer to actionable insights to sharpen the product construct to enhance the customer value proposition. He or she will propose, plan and execute new go to market initiatives to drive awareness/preference/trial with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve the adoption goals. This person may need to set goals for cross-functional projects that all functions may be involved in achieving and will liaise with tech teams, program teams and category teams to execute.
Technical requirements include proficiency in Excel, plus the ability to learn our in-house tools like Content Symphony and Data Warehouse quickly. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, manage uncertainties that arise and work well with multiple teams. The ideal candidate will be innovative, internally motivated and will have some experience with site merchandising and managing online marketing channels. Any brand management experience is an added bonus
Ongoing responsibilities include :
- Structuring surveys, interviews, customer immersions etc. to learn about customer needs and behavior
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary
- Planning and executing the yearly/quarterly/monthly marketing calendar. This includes working with the marketing teams and partners to align on the target customer definition, mapping specific customer segments with the relevant customer value proposition and aligning on co-marketing goals.
- Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team
- Drive online marketing channels such as SEO, SEM, Display and Affiliates/Associates in coordination with respective channel managers
- Drive offline marketing channels for BTL activation
Basic qualifications :
- MBA degree in marketing, business, finance, math or related fields
- 6+ years of experience in digital marketing, merchandising or related fields
- Experience in using quantitative and analytical skills to generate insights to inform strategy
- Experience with customer segmentation, profiling, and targeting
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to affect outcomes in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a passion for getting the right things done
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Preferred qualifications :
- Experience in online product/ecommerce/service marketing or management consulting
- Experience managing large amounts of data, including customer segments and online campaign metrics
- Proven record of accomplishment of effectively developing and implementing marketing plans
- Strong hold on language and excellent skills in copy writing and editing
- Demonstrated ability to be fungible across marketing and program management role
- Demonstrated ability to start from zero, develop customer behavior understanding and use hard data and metrics to back up feature and customer segment recommendations
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.