Partner - Talent Acquisition at Amazon
Views:446 Applications:110 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:19
Amazon - Manager - Workforce Planning - Alexa Data Services (8-18 yrs)
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them. Kindle is one example of this. Kindle is the best-selling product in the history of Amazon.com, and the Kindle business is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon.
The Amazon device team designs & engineers high profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. We provide customers a fully integrated service with instant access to over 27 million movies, TV shows, magazines, newspapers, books, songs, apps, and games.
The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization provides data creation, curation, and analytics services to help develop, test, and train the Alexa AI. We work closely with internal customers like Machine Learning Science modeling teams, providing the critical data they need to improve Alexa's Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding models and domain features. Come build the future of the voice recognition for Alexa with us.
- We are looking for an exceptional leader who is passionate about the Customer Experience, who thinks/acts globally, and who has the ability to contribute major new innovations in the industry. He/she will identify and implement optimal communication mechanism based on the data set, communicate complex analytical insights and business implications.
- This candidate will actively manage the timeline and deliverables of projects, focusing on interactions in the team, will provide solutions and problem solving skills supporting the organization to reach their short/mid and long terms objectives .
- The ideal candidate is a leader with demonstrated ability to learn new workforce management methodologies, process mapping, and optimization techniques and make data driven decisions for project deliverables.
- This opportunity requires excellent problem-solving, communication skills and a strong track record of delivering results. Cross-team collaboration, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential. A strong record of customer advocacy and people development are important for this role.
- The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams, ADS Operations, Capacity Planning, Technology and Leadership. He/she will:
- Understand and communicates the department vision to team members, at the same time assess behaviors and coach direct reports in their role.
- Lead Projects to improve planning and execution efficiency and support worldwide network of business units, and operational centers.
- Identify/Implement workforce management tools and technology enablers that will improve operating accuracy and efficiency
- Manage the development of global standards (Average Handle time, NPT, Shrinkage, Attrition) working with ADS Capacity planning ensuring that all changes successfully inter-operate with existing operational processes.
- Coordinate with Operations, Capacity Planning, Technology, and local site workflow teams to maintain and update plans.
- Communicate these plans and report on their execution to various stakeholders, and continuously improve the planning and execution cycle.
- Monitor performance by analyzing performance statistics; evaluating staffing schedules to match volume demand; evaluating potential productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; determining system and process improvements.
- Prepare management reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends and developing recommendations.
- Improve quality of reporting and work to streamline various data sources to drive consistent reporting.
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
- Lead and participate in global ADS projects and initiatives. He/She will own providing optimal solutions for upcoming initiatives.
- Proactively identify service improvement opportunities and ensure continuous improvement within Workforce Management across advisor scheduling, metric reporting and real-time delivery.
- A bachelor's degree in an analytical or business field, or comparable business experience with technical background.
- 8+ years- experience leading a Workforce team or a Business Analysis team or equivalent role
- Knowledge of MS Excel, VBA, SQL and knowledge of Data Warehouse and business intelligence systems
- Experience in managing programs/processes in high-volume, scalable environments
- Ability to work in a global environment and interact with global stakeholders.
- Strong Analytical skills - has ability to start from ambiguous problem statements, identify and access relevant data, make appropriate assumptions, perform insightful analysis and draw conclusion relevant to the business problem
- Communication skills - Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems through simple means. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
- A history of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- 4+ years- Capacity planning or Workforce management experience in a in a large scale operations business.
Other professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Is results oriented
- Prior background working with operations for business-critical services, including estimating resource requirements, defining metrics, and driving improvements to operational processes
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, peers and executives, and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful metrics representing end-user experiences for speech products and services
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment