Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:5377 Applications:242 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:41
Amazon - Manager/Senior Manager - Business Analytics - Last Mile Quality Team (10-15 yrs)
When you attract people who have the DNA of pioneers and the DNA of explorers, you build a company of like-minded people who want to invent. And that's what they think about when they get up in the morning: how are we going to work backwards from customers and build a great service or a great product - Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com's success is built on a foundation of customer obsession. Have you ever thought about what it takes to successfully deliver millions of packages to Amazon customers seamlessly every day like a clock work? In order to make that happen, behind those millions of packages, billions of decision gets made by machines and humans.
What is the accuracy of customer-provided address? Do we know exact location of the address on Map? Is there a safe place? Can we make unattended delivery? Would signature be required? If the address is commercial property? Do we know open business hours of the address? What if customer is not home? Is there an alternate delivery address? Does customer have any special preference? What are other addresses that also have packages to be delivered on the same day? Are we optimizing delivery associate's route? Does delivery associate know locality well enough? Is there an access code to get inside a building? And the list simply goes on.
At the core of all of it lies the quality of underlying data that can help make those decisions in time. The person in this role will be a strong influencer who will ensure goal alignment with Technology, Operations, and Finance teams. This role will serve as the face of the organization to global stakeholders. This position requires a results-oriented, high-energy, dynamic individual with both stamina and mental quickness to be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth global organization. Excellent communication skills and executive presence to get in front of VPs and SVPs across Amazon will be imperative.
Key Strategic Objectives :
- Amazon is seeking an experienced leader to own the vision for quality improvement through global address management programs.
- As the Sr. Manager of Amazon last mile quality team, you will lead a team of Program managers, subject matter experts and analysts responsible for shaping the strategy and direction of customer-facing products that are core to the customer experience.
- As a key member of the last mile leadership team, you will continually raise the bar on both quality and performance.
- You will bring innovation, a strategic perspective, a passionate voice, and an ability to prioritize and execute on a fast-moving set of priorities, competitive pressures, and operational initiatives.
- You will partner closely with product and technology teams to define and build innovative and delightful experiences for customers.
- You must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization and have the ability to break complex problems down into steps that drive product development at Amazon speed.
- You will set the tempo for defect reduction through continuous improvement and drive accountability across multiple business units in order to deliver large scale high visibility/ high impact projects.
- You will lead by example to be just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you will be about all other aspects of customer experience.
The successful candidate will be able to :
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
- Drive team to manage large programs, dependencies, and bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Develop the process to effectively maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Be successful in a delivery focused environment and determining the right processes to make the team successful.
- This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done.
- Possess superior analytical abilities and judgment. Use quantitative and qualitative data to prioritize and influence, show creativity, experimentation and innovation, and drive projects with urgency in this fast-paced environment.
- Build and manage a very strong team of program managers and analysts who use data and metrics to drive decision-making and innovate on behalf of the customer.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop the vision and strategy for customer experience on our platforms. Influence product roadmaps based on this strategy along with your teams.
- This leader will lead the organization through change, evolution, and sustained growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business.
- With the business growing rapidly, this leader will not have the luxury of having a tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, this individual will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between competing priorities.
- Support the scalable growth of the company by developing and enabling the success of the Operations leadership team.
- Serve as a role model for Amazon Leadership Principles inside and outside the organization
- Actively seek to implement and distribute best practices across the operation
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or in a related technical field
- 10+ years of experience in product management/operational program management and leadership/people management
- MBA/Master's degree preferred
- Experience with complex problem solving and analysis using statistical methods, financial modeling, and network optimization modeling
- Experience with the design and operation of complex operating processes
- Presentation and written communication skills are essential: clear, organized, concise with an ability to adapt to an appropriate audience
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop/ present business cases
- Experience managing a team of program managers to deliver results and measure their success
- Strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing for priorities simultaneously
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done