Amazon - Manager - Quality (4-8 yrs)
The successful candidate for this role will be a fast, clear and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, importance of Quality in any process, is metrics and number savvy, has an analytical mindset and has demonstrated leadership ability. This person will need an ability to see the big picture/whole system and execute on grass root level to improve the overall C- Ops quality operations. Additionally, should show success in following-up and getting things done and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric and ever changing environment. QA Manager will interact with different nodes to encourage participation and their support in cross node Kaizen events and will interact with their node counter parts to implement standard practices across all C - Ops nodes.
- Facilitates the execution of the world wide C- Ops QA strategy through local management and support teams.
- Update quality documentation and communicate to carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Introduce new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Quality System team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Communicates across all levels of Operations and program progress
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (5 Whys Analysis/ Fish Bone Analysis) and Error Trend Analysis
- Drive defect elimination program by working along with Ops and Program stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree (B-Tech Preferred)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience using quality mindset to drive improvements through the application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels
- Experience communicating and presenting to groups
- Self-starter capable of taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
- Experience managing a project portfolio. Small/Medium Project management experience.
- Experience in Implementation of Quality Management System ( QMS)