Talent Acquisition - Lateral & Leadership Hiring at Amazon
Views:7739 Applications:429 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Amazon - Manager - Program Management - Marketplace Business Operations Tean (8-12 yrs)
- Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.- Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com - a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
About the Role
We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professional to join Amazon. Are you ready to drive high-visibility and strategic programs as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are driving operational efficiencies?
Join Amazon Business Operations team as a Program Manager. We are looking for candidates with a strong record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional projects as well as partnering with other teams to drive key process improvement programs. This role requires working with business teams across the company to provide data-driven operations support key to the success of the initiative. You will also lead a team of highly skilled associates & Managers ensuring successful delivery of business goals, effective people management and adherence of productivity and quality assurance targets. This is an opportunity that requires a critical thinker with strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. At the core of the position is the passion for protecting Amazon's reputation and customer experience and trust.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set the vision, direction, and culture of the team by managing individual and team performance, expectations, and goals
- Define and execute tactical and strategic plans towards achieving the program vision and goals through efficient program management, stakeholder management
- Work with program, operations, and engineering/product management teams to understand program requirements and jointly develop a solution which solves a larger business problem
- Serve as leaders and point of contact for escalated contact resolution for complex problems
- Develop team goals and metrics that allow for accurate measurement and traction towards solving a business problem, achieve buy-in from stakeholders and actively report progress on the goals
- Continuously perform data-based analysis to identify issues and report key insights, subsequently, building data backed business cases
- People management i.e. performance appraisals, goal setting, training, and mentoring talent to grow within organization & control attrition
- Active participation in hiring and building the team & raising the bar in the hiring process
- Use industry proven tools such as lean/six sigma to drive operational efficiencies and quality improvement in the operations team under your purview
- Ensure employees growth & development, set priority, drive motivation & engagement for employees
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal stakeholders locally and around the world
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences/IT or related fields with a minimum of 8 years of work experience and a minimum of 5 year of people management experience leading large teams
- Experience and a strong interest in Operations, proven an ability to define effective, efficient, and scalable processes and drive continuous improvement through root cause identification and defect elimination
- Strong critical and analytical thinking; ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems, and perform cost-benefit trade-offs
- Ability to work with and comprehend large & complex data sets, is able to deep dive and build insights based on analyses
- Excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills; demonstrated success in achieving buy-in for an innovative, bold and strategic vision
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Self-driven, ability to work independently to develop and execute strategies with minimal supervision
- Consulting experience or MBA from a top ranking institute
- Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus
- Working with tech/data sciences teams to program manage the launch of ML models
- Experience in an e-commerce environment; related experience in customer protection/trust/safety will be an added plus
- PMP certification
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.