Recruiter at Amazon Development Center
Views:14345 Applications:874 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:193
Amazon - Manager - Program Management (4-7 yrs)
Amazon's Selection expansion team started operations in March 2009 and has grown steadily in scope ever since. This is a global program supporting all marketplaces and operates out of Chennai. Amazon eCommerce Selection and Catalog Systems group at Amazon Chennai Center focuses on making direct impact on Selection for Amazon's Retail & 3rd party marketplace business across markets worldwide. The Selection Expansion team within this group owns end to end processes for discovering, prioritizing and adding new selection available to customers across different markets worldwide. This drives one of Amazon's core focus areas: providing the widest selection to customers. We operate in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment offering new challenges and opportunities for making impactful changes in the Amazon ecosystem.
About the Role
Manager, Program Management
Manager in this group is expected to interact directly with Amazon internal stakeholders across the globe to deliver on operational goals, drive process improvements and deliver business value. The person will be expected to be skilled in understanding customer needs, setting and managing expectations, building customer confidence through effective communication, reliable delivery, robust processes, and sound reporting metrics. The person will also be responsible for driving cost reduction (through process standardization and automation), quality improvements (by adopting appropriate audit and measurement mechanisms), and business impact across programs through policy changes and improvements in data quality and service delivery. The person will lead a cross skilled team of associates (technical & non-technical) and business analysts to carry out business critical processes. The individual would be responsible for overall planning, budgeting, growth, delivery, process efficiency and productivity for their work groups.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical resources to deliver against the goals and ensure high quality service delivery and execution.
- Drive cross functional projects to deliver business value for the team; be part of projects involving new feature definition to improve processes and reduce cost.
- Manage operations through end to end planning, metrics review and root cause analysis, and delivering results in a fast paced environment.
- Manage stakeholders across globe as part of operations delivery; demonstrate business acumen and skills in driving change by developing business proposals and driving implementation of recommendations through effective written and oral communication.
- Work with data engineering team and Software development teams to improve tools, processes and reporting dashboards
- Formulate, implement and track career development plans for team of highly skilled resources
- Liaise with HR, Facilities, Training, IT & Network teams to ensure seamless operations delivery
- Basic Qualifications
- MBA from a Premier Institute with 4-7 years of experience of which a minimum 3 years is in interacting with global customers/stakeholders.
- Experience in translating business needs into detailed feature requirements, data analysis, and business case development, and managing programs from concept to implementation.
- Prior experience in the capacity of operations manager/product manager/program manager/business analyst/software engineer would be a key requirement.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long-term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in eCommerce/Hi-tech/Retail industry or management consulting with focus on one of these industries
- Background in the analysis of large volume of data to drive analysis and to make decisions.
- Preference will be given to internal candidates
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer. Amazon or its Recruitment Partners do not charge any fee or security deposit from the candidate for offering employment.