Amazon - Manager - Procurement (6-10 yrs)
At Amazon India, we're working to build the world's most customer-centric company in India. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Procurement Manager will lead the operations procurement team for Amazon's transportation requirements. This is a high impact role that has the potential to create a significant impact on the bottom line by delivering both technical (working with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for optimization) and commercial innovation. The estimated spend to be managed by this position will be INR 500 Crores. This will include strategic elements like defining sourcing strategy, spend analysis, strategic partnerships, vendor identification, and development as well as tactical elements like contract administration, contracts negotiation and finalization and working with the Operations team on administering the flow of transportation capacity. There is enough and more opportunity to innovate and you should apply only if you believe in pushing the boundaries and coming up with new ways to deliver results.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Lead the procurement team that will be responsible for transportation contracts (multimillion dollar sourcing responsibility) - develop the most capable and most customer centric procurement team in the country.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategy to achieve step changes in cost structure.
- Identify and develop vendors across categories, especially with a focus on developing partners who can drive innovation and significant cost savings.
- Partner with cross functional teams on the same. Develop innovative commercial models and negotiate procurement agreements.
- Collaborate with Transportation teams to establish and streamline systems and processes.
- Manage vendors to ensure service reliability and quality.
- Develop and utilize metrics to measure operational readiness and procurement performance. Resolve payment issues with vendors and accounts payable.
- Partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve annual cost savings.
- Help coordinate and establish required legal documentation.
- Issue appropriate Purchase Orders.